The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hello! a Vamo problem :0

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Nathanael Psk, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nathanael Psk

Nathanael Psk Multiple ID Suspension ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Hello im new to the forums:)

I started vaping back in september with a chrome lavatube and now i just recently recieved my vamo and after 3 days i noticed when i tug on either end the mid section opens up and contact between the head and battery is lost. A slight tug, little to no strength at all. I also noticed the ohms goes up and down alot randomly. nothing big just 0.1-0.2 increments. Nice meeting you all:)

[​IMG]

2. redmadder

redmadder Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    new jersey
    i have a VAMO and the mid section shouldn't be doing that... maybe contact the reseller and exchange it. looks kinda broken to me.

3. Nathanael Psk

Nathanael Psk Multiple ID Suspension ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
  4. TacVap3R

TacVap3R New Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Madison, AL
    I have a different problem with mine. It started reading the Ohms all wrong on my cartos. I have two that I've been using and I know they're 2.9 and 2.8 ohms respectively. Now no matter what I screw on the Vamo reads anywhere from 1.3 to 4.9 ohms when I check. Is my Vamo dying? It's only three weeks old. I'm really beyond ticked about it. And since this is my first post, hi every one.

5. Satava

Satava Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    That center tube is actually just press-fit from the factory. Sometimes it can get loose as all pressfit things over time.

Just get a block of wood, a hammer, and gently tap it firmly back into place by holding the top half. I do mean gently by the way, you wouldn't want to jar the electronics too hard; two or three taps ought to set it.

6. KerryK

KerryK Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2012
    Madtown, WI
    I started a thread on a fix for this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vamo/375871-vamo-ohm-error-fix.html

7. Satava

Satava Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2013
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Shorting center pin and lost continuity by loose body are two different issues.

Both of which apply to the Vamo however so the OP should take note of KerryK's fix if that ever arises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.