Not open for further replies.

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Hi NZ!
Overall, we're a pretty friendly group and welcome new members. So, tell us about you - how long have you been vaping? What's your current setup? There's a lot of info here and helpful people so prepare to sit down, make yourself comfortable for a while and wander through the site and please share your knowledge too.

Happy vaping!

iblearning2vape

Aug 4, 2018
Virginia
hello techfreak welcome to the forum, just to reiterate, its a great place for info.
Hello! Mintymints. Sorry! Not trying to jack this thread but is there anything us new members must do before we can start threads or become active within the group? Much appreciated!

NZtechfreak

Aug 4, 2018
Hi NZ! So, tell us about you - how long have you been vaping? What's your current setup?
Happy Vaping!

Ooh, not sure you wanted to ask that - I am not the most succinct person out there!

So, I'm a doctor (GP, or I think family physician for those of you Stateside) and on the Governments Technical Expert Advisory Committee here in New Zealand where we are currently poised to maybe get our legislative framework largely correct where vaping is concerned.

I started vaping beginning of 2016 having been unable to quit for a like 23 years prior to that, I was one of those who took to it immediately - since my first puff of an e-cig I have not so much as taken a single puff of a cigarette - immediate and completely painfree switch.

I moved very quickly, within a few days, to subohm direct lung and stayed there for most of that first year. Towards the end of the year I looked at my vaping and decided I would go back to MTL, I was vaping 20mls of liquid a day and direct lung was really impractical both in terms of work and in terms of how much puffing I needed. I wasn't conscious of it at the time, but when I later did the math things made sense - my 20mls of 3mg was 60mg a day, and my MTL habit quickly settled on ~5mls of 12mg... 60mg a day. Because I had gone so quickly to DL I found that by the time I returned to MTL I preferred a loose MTL and was using mostly a Joyetech AIO for a while before picking up a Vika Fantasy.

I've remained about 90% MTL since then, but I still enjoy restricted DL and even use pods with 50mg salts occasionally, so I do a bit of everything.

In terms of setup I'm mostly running a Dani Extreme V3 Ti 18350 with a Kayfun Prime, but got Dvarw MTL yesterday so using that currently while I decide how much I like it (and awaiting a Hussar and Spica Pro). Besides that I mostly squonk using a Palm-BF (and sometimes a Gloomtem when I have the rare urge to mech it up), various attys with that one - Hellfire Strike, One, Hussar and the latest acquisitions an ESG Skyfall and KHW Jorda B.

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    44223E28-3485-407D-9164-9EB1550B9D88.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread