hello and a question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rich kimmel

Oct 25, 2018
Hey everyone:

Just want to say hello and ask a question.
hello to everyone. I am new here.

My smok e cig (I am not sure which one specifically) ran out of power and turned off. Now I am charging it and pressed the button five quick times but I have no power. I did this multiple times but still no power.

Help!

cheers

rich

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Rich and welcome,
I'm sorry to hear of your issue.

Does the device have an internal battery or one that can be removed?
How are you charging the device? A mains adapter is suggested, a computer USB port is not.
Are any leds/lights illuminated when connected to the USB charger?
How long has the device been charging?

Do you have the original packaging for the smok device?
Would you be able to post a photo of the unit?

Cheers
I

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Do Schmock devices have USB-passthrough functionality? If not, maybe the device is not functional for as long as you charge it..
Yes it does. The battery is probably too dead to turn on. It should be plugged before it dies completely, depleting it is no good.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey everyone:

My smok e cig (I am not sure which one specifically) ran out of power and turned off. Now I am charging it and pressed the button five quick times but I have no power. I did this multiple times but still no power.

Help!

cheers

rich
Leave it charging for at least 1 hour before attempting to turn it on. Are you using a wall 2A charger or just a regular computer USB? Don't let it drain that much, buy a second one and rotate. Or better yet, a functional mod with replaceable batteries.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hey everyone:

Help!

cheers

rich

I'm not that familiar with the smok systems so without the specific model I can't even look it up to see if it does have pass through. Of course, there is a possibility that the battery is too drained to turn on until it has charged for a while.
Where are my manners? Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be by soon that can better help you.

galigaygay

Moved On
Oct 25, 2018
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey everyone:
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could inquire:
SMOK --->SMOKTech
Phone: (704) 696-8900.
Support: SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!
email: support@smoktech.com
ECF Smok dealer: VapeSourcing https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forums/vapesourcing.985/
Vape Shop Online E-Cigarette & E-liquid Best For Sale
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/verashu.262193/#profile-post-71627

Reactions: ExtremeDooty

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My smok e cig (I am not sure which one specifically) ran out of power and turned off.
I could be wrong, but are we even sure the OP is using a SMOK battery device? I say this only because many novices refer to their e-cigarette as a smoke or smok (typo or mispelling).

Until the OP returns with more specific information of what his e-cig actually is, we are wasting our time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread