Hello ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ickus

Dec 26, 2010
New York
Hello everyone. First time poster here, and would like to greet you all. I have little experience on fourms (other than Wow which I quit by the way=D) but I'll try to do my best to contribute as much as I can.

Let me start from Christmas eve, when I was in the mall and came across an E-cig stand. It sayed "Smoke-to-live" and I think the company is called "Smokefree". Anywho, I cant find reviews on it, and was hating it day 1 partly because I didn't charge it right. Day 2 , it got charged, but the cartridges seems to work 2 puffs every 15 mins or so, so I decided to do some Heavy research.

Thats when I came across some videos on dripping and how to make my own e-jucies. So I took a trip to find vegetable glycerin and some flavors in which I succeeded ( I got peppermint). Following a site for what percentages to mix, I was victorious on the first try, great somke, good taste.

I still have some worries about the E-cig that I got, which by the way was $110 for 1 battery, 1 atomizer, 1 pack of 5 cartridges, and a wall charger :(. The only upside is, it has a life time warranty, so I guess that's a good thing.

Well that's about my story for now, pretty happy now that I found how to drip. I guess we can say I'm getting a head tart on my new years resolution of quitting cigs. Hope to see you guys around soon.

~Ickus.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello & welcome Ickus :)

Sorry to hear you paid so much for your e-cig with only one battery IMHO that is so much not a starter kit - you need 2 batteries. Otherwise what the heck do you do when the battery is charging? :( There really are so many cheaper & better ones out there. I'm in the UK so will leave it to all the many lovely USA posters to advise you about the best US sellers :)

Well done though re trying the glycerine & flavours :D

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
Welcome to ECF :D This forum is jam packed with information, reviews, and threads to accompany you with your e-cig! :)

I unfortunately bought a mall e-cig, but luckily they sold the 510 Joye e-cig. By the time I purchased it, and was on my merry way, I found ECF... and much better deals on e-cig parts and e-liquid. It's fairly popular with moderate battery life. Many people also choose the eGo, Riva, and many more PVs out there. ( PV = Personal Vaporizer ). I personally own 3 510 Joye batteries (two of them from cignot.com) and 6 atomizers (5 of them from cignot.com as well).

ECF taught me quickly that mall kiosks just aren't that reliable, and really, REALLY squeeze the cash out of you. If you go to cignot.com, a starter pack with 2 Joy 510 batteries, two atomizers, and carts, with a wall charger and PCC charger... all for $60-65! places like Vapor Kings, Lite Cig USA, and other vendors have great deals on all sorts of PVs.

Again, welcome to ECF. :) I hope your holidays were great!

Edit: I have manual batteries, and I have the atty / filler cart system. I LOVE manual batteries!!

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Ickus, just a thought, but can you return the kit as unsuitable & get your money back?

Hehehe you beat me to it. Sadly, mine was a No-Return Policy when I got my red e-cig at Totally Vapor... :facepalm: HOWEVER when things were breaking, they did help me out... Either way, TOO MUCH money for one 510.

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
Tried looking around and can't really tell what model # the smokefree is...... its either a 301 or an RN 4081. If anyone has more information on it, that would be helpful. Wish I could figure out what it is, so I could direct you where to get replacements cheap and better carts. I got a mall cig, and sadly its batteries though the same size as an RN4081 have "specialized threads" so they aren't compatable with anything. I ended up getting a true RN4081 from aquavapor and a personal charging case, and am THRILLED.

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
It's highway robbery what some of these e-cig vendors charge compared to what you pay for good stuff through reputable online vendors. They're really trying to capitalize on people's ignorance. I fell prey to that tactic myself. But, I just discounted it as my cost of entry into vaping. My "over-priced" kit ended up in the back of the closet and I'm using devices now that cost a quarter to half as much as that original kit and work ten times better. Some of those less than scrupulous vendors allow returns, some don't. Sounds like you got one that's a don't. Anway, don't let it discourage you. A lot of us have done the same thing. You'll get things well in hand after you've gained a little experience and knowledge.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
Heh, I was getting discouraged day 1 when the cartridges weren't working well, giving no vapor, just a slight burning feeling in my throat. Though now that i got drops, I'm much happier despite the fact that I didn't use nicotine whereas the cartridges had high nicotine. I guess the faster I order the nicotine, the faster I get it....sigh.

Don't get too discouraged, thoug, Ickus :) It's a learning process with vaping. Trust me, I went through a LOT of frustration before I bought one. I had no idea about where to get one, what company, how much... :) It gets easier though because of ECF :)

Infernia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
North Carolina
Keep researching about what model it is. At some point it will show up because I'm sure others have bought the exact same model. I didn't get mine at a mall but my first PV was over-priced. Found out I could have paid about 50% less than I did.
It didn't really work for me more so because of the cartomizers that came with it(ick flavor and nicotine strength was low).
Two more PV models later and I'm finally at a good place. A lot of money was spent getting there BUT it brought me to this forum and so much information and good people. Had I been perfectly happy with my first PV or simply given up... well I may never have found this place.
Welcome (again) and good luck finding the model number. It took me awhile to find my first PV model type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread