Hello every1, new e-cig smoker here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clock12589

May 31, 2010
chicago
Hey just started using an e-cig 2 days ago, i bought myself the Blu starter kit which i somewhat regret from the reviews but money was an issue and it seemed good for the price. well i have no complaints about it really, pretty happy with it, only been 2 days but not a single real cigarette since i opened the package so that is very pleasing. only minor issue i have with my e-cig experience, don't know if its because of my Blu e-cig or e-cig all together, but the flavors that i tried so far which are just the Blu carts that come with the starter pack, are not very good, especially the Blu menthol, which i was hoping to be much better than what it is. i ordered my blu starter pack the same day my brother in law did as we both are trying to quit smoking, and we both received them the same day. he has already contacted blu for his refund as he was not happy what so ever mainly because of the taste. i smoked marlboro menthols and newports for years and that is the flavors i'm trying to get close to as much as possible. i've been looking in to trying out e-liquid for the first time just because i dont like the Blu menthol. if any one can help me with finding what e-liquid or what i can do to try to achieve the flavor i would like i would very much appreciate it. i have no prob with the taste of the pre filled carts from Blu but at the same time i would really like to find something that my brother in law would like (he smokes newports) so that he can give e-cig another shot to get away real cigarettes to help him out. thank you all!

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Welcome to the forum! Chicago huh? I was born and raised in the South Bend area, we were neighbors! I can't help too much with the liquid, I had the same problem, smoked menthol for too many years and can't stand the taste with e-cigs. I get my juice at Mist-stix, $9 for 30 ml with the "ecf" code. Love 555 and pretty much nothing else after trying a bit of almost everything.
Ya, I think you may want a different e-cig later on, just don't give up too soon, cart juice is usually pretty nasty.
Hope this helps!

oh ya, I year has passed, if I can do it anyone can!! Good luck finding your flavor!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Welcome to ECF Clock! Prefilled cartridges are the worst. You'll get better vapor once you buy some good liquids and can add to the carts. Blu isn't great, but it certainly is vapable with some practice on the best technique. Dripping on the atomizer is great on those.

Here are a few threads on menthol flavors for you:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ewport-smoker-e-liquid-best-strawberry-2.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-what-best-menthol-liquid-where-do-i-get.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/41069-need-suggestions-menthol-liquid.html

Make your own menthol drops to really add some punch to bad menthol liquids:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/20590-menthol-drops-recipe-menthol-lovers.html

And, one of my favorites is Mentha from VaporTalk.

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Welcome, Clock! Flavor is soooo subjective that you'll get a ton of opinions. Also you may find other flavors then tabacco better suit you. There are so many choices available to us in ecigs! A few of the premium vendors that I'd recommend are Tasty Vapor, Ms. T's and DIY Flavorshack. I believe they all sale at least one tabacco flavor as well.

You may want to suggest an expensive 510 kit for your brother-in-law. Cignot carries a good no-box kit. If he (or you) is/was a heavy smoker though, skip right on up to an eGo. It's a little bigger then a cigarette, but will last a lot longer then a 510. Sometimes constantly changing batteries gets old and sends us right back to old habits.

Good luck!!

ashTrey

May 17, 2010
Lufkin, Tx
Welcome, Clock! Flavor is soooo subjective that you'll get a ton of opinions. Also you may find other flavors then tabacco better suit you. There are so many choices available to us in ecigs! A few of the premium vendors that I'd recommend are Tasty Vapor, Ms. T's and DIY Flavorshack. I believe they all sale at least one tabacco flavor as well.

You may want to suggest an expensive 510 kit for your brother-in-law. Cignot carries a good no-box kit. If he (or you) is/was a heavy smoker though, skip right on up to an eGo. It's a little bigger then a cigarette, but will last a lot longer then a 510. Sometimes constantly changing batteries gets old and sends us right back to old habits.

Good luck!!

ditto :2c:

clock12589

May 31, 2010
chicago
gotcha, quick question if any1 may know, i'm about to order 2 small 6ml bottles, 1 of 555 menthol and 1 of NUport to give them a shot and i plan on just doing a direct drip for my Blu, so i was also going to order another atty as well. i hear that a 510 atty works on a blu but what is the difference between a low resistance and a high voltage and which should i order? o_o thanks all!

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
With a Blu, dipping is easier than dripping. Get a small container like a contact lens case (thats what I use) and put a few drops in there. Take the inner cart out of one of your cartridges. dip the tip of the atty in the juice, put the outer cart back on the Blu and vape. Should be able to 2-3 good puffs off that before you need to re-dip.

The other thing to be aware of is that it takes a day or so to break in a Blu atty. You'll know when you get there as you'll suddenly be getting better vapor and the taste will improve greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread