Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmsnr

Sep 26, 2018
Welcome to ECF. You can ask any questions you have here in this thread if you would like. Plenty of folks here willing to help.

Thank you. I posted in the Innokin forum but maybe I can get an answer faster here. My Proton mod is not calibrating the coil resistance right. it's always about 0.02 - 0.03 higher than it should and I feel it's burning my coils and causing dry hits with my subohm tanks. Is there a way to fix this? you can see it here

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My Proton mod is not calibrating the coil resistance right. it's always about 0.02 - 0.03 higher than it should and I feel it's burning my coils and causing dry hits with my subohm tanks. Is there a way to fix this?
That's not at all unusual. Coils rarely measure out exactly what they are supposed to be specced at. Being off by that little is normal. Coils will most likely read slightly higher than specced, and will gradually increase in ohm as they are used. A new coil may have a normal variance of something like + or - 0.1 ohm and be considered acceptable.

Different meters (whether in a regulated mod, ohm reader, or digital multimeter) will also read slightly differently.

Your tank looks to be almost dry. Did you adequately prime your coils and break them in slowly? This video is for a different tank, but the principles are the same for any tank.

Last edited:

lmsnr

Sep 26, 2018
That's not at all unusual. Coils rarely measure out exactly what they are supposed to be specced at. Being off by that little is normal. Coils will most likely read slightly higher than specced, and will gradually increase in ohm as they are used. A new coil may have a variance of something like + or - 0.1 ohm and be considered acceptable.

Different meters (whether in a regulated mod, ohm reader, or digital multimeter) will also read slightly differently.

Your tank looks to be almost dry. Did you adequately prime your coils and break them in slowly? This video is for a different tank, but the principles are the same for any tank.

thank you. I thought it was not normal since all the reviews I've seen shows 0.13 on the screen for the triple mesh coil. I always keep the tank no less than half full. and I use it at he minimum recommended wattage. So not sure if I'm doing it wrong. I switched to the Profile and it's working fine with no dry hits up till now. I didn't use the Falcon yet, just put it on to see what it reads. Let's see what happens

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
That's not at all unusual. Coils rarely measure out exactly what they are supposed to be specced at. Being off by that little is normal. Coils will most likely read slightly higher than specced, and will gradually increase in ohm as they are used. A new coil may have a variance of something like + or - 0.1 ohm and be considered acceptable.

@Baditude say, that video looks familiar. :lol:

Reactions: VapePro

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
You made a YouTube video to push to your Instagram. I applaud you. Very sneaky.

If this is a real question. I would first say, does it read differently after firing the button? are you letting the coil cool down before firing again?

You might need to invest in a good particle accelerator. And a humidity reader. Do not touch the threads.

First: Use rubbing alcohol on the threads.
2. Blow dry them (not with your mouth)
3. Screw the tank back on
4. Check the humidity reader
5. Use the particle accelerator to dry the air and remove any metallic atoms from the air.
6. Make sure you give your coil a chance to re wick before attempting to read the resistance.
7. Add me on Instagram.

And finally

Use the resistance ohm lock button or invest in a MOD that allows you to lock the resistance.

EDIT: I just watched the video. Dude, theres nothing wrong with your mod. The farmers that grow the atomizers just use metric bananas.

Last edited:

lmsnr

Sep 26, 2018
You made a YouTube video to push to your Instagram. I applaud you. Very sneaky.

If this is a real question. I would first say, does it read differently after firing the button? are you letting the coil cool down before firing again?

You might need to invest in a good particle accelerator. And a humidity reader. Do not touch the threads.

First: Use rubbing alcohol on the threads.
2. Blow dry them (not with your mouth)
3. Screw the tank back on
4. Check the humidity reader
5. Use the particle accelerator to dry the air and remove any metallic atoms from the air.
6. Make sure you give your coil a chance to re wick before attempting to read the resistance.
7. Add me on Instagram.

And finally

Use the resistance ohm lock button or invest in a MOD that allows you to lock the resistance.

EDIT: I just watched the video. Dude, theres nothing wrong with your mod. The farmers that grow the atomizers just use metric bananas.
First of all thank you for the reply!
This is an actual question.
Sometimes after taking a few hits it goes to 0.14 then back up to 0.15. I was thinking there was something wrong with either the mod or the coils. On the last two coils I’ve been getting dry throat burning hits every second hit. I saw people “chain smoking” (not sure if thats the term) off the plex tank with the same coils and they dont get dry hits. I usually take 2-3 lunghits everytime and on the second one It already burns and tastes really bad like burnt cotton. I am using the Yami Vapor Taruto which is a 70vg 30pg blend.

Everytime I change the coil I put drops of ejuice on the cotton until I see the sides showing ejuice. Then I put the top on and fill the tank. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes. After that I stat vapong at the minimum recommended wattage. But in my case the tank gets extremely hot even with 3 long hits. Even the top of the mod gets hot.

I got my falcon tank and the wotofo profile today. I didnt try the Falcon but I have been using the profile all day and i have to say I am finally enjoying vaping. I just dont like having to resoak the profile every 8-10 hits but I guess its part of using an rda. I will test out the Falcon maybe tomorrow but for now the Plex is in storage.

And let me know your insta and I might follow haha

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I am finally enjoying vaping. I just dont like having to resoak the profile every 8-10 hits but I guess its part of using an rda.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Happy to hear you are enjoying vaping. Resoaking is a pita, but with my setup, doable.
Might want to be extra careful with a glass tank. Could consider ordering a replacement glass before an oops moment, assuming you decide you like the Falcon tank.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
http://spinfuel.com/art-drip-guide-vaping/

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018
First of all thank you for the reply!
This is an actual question.
Sometimes after taking a few hits it goes to 0.14 then back up to 0.15. I was thinking there was something wrong with either the mod or the coils. On the last two coils I’ve been getting dry throat burning hits every second hit. I saw people “chain smoking” (not sure if thats the term) off the plex tank with the same coils and they dont get dry hits. I usually take 2-3 lunghits everytime and on the second one It already burns and tastes really bad like burnt cotton. I am using the Yami Vapor Taruto which is a 70vg 30pg blend.

Everytime I change the coil I put drops of ejuice on the cotton until I see the sides showing ejuice. Then I put the top on and fill the tank. Then I let it sit for 10 minutes. After that I stat vapong at the minimum recommended wattage. But in my case the tank gets extremely hot even with 3 long hits. Even the top of the mod gets hot.

I got my falcon tank and the wotofo profile today. I didnt try the Falcon but I have been using the profile all day and i have to say I am finally enjoying vaping. I just dont like having to resoak the profile every 8-10 hits but I guess its part of using an rda. I will test out the Falcon maybe tomorrow but for now the Plex is in storage.

And let me know your insta and I might follow haha

Sounds like my info wasnt very useful... Yes, those are the trade offs. Got to ask yourself, Do I want GREAT flavor or Do I want to be Lazy? O wait, they solved that problem. its called an RDTA! BAM BaM thank you mom.

dont forget to hit the bell icon and subscribe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread