Status
Not open for further replies.

ozy.mandias

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Germany
Greetings to the ECF from your latest German member.

After a 20-year career of heavy smoking, the wife and I have moved to EGO-C's. Exclusively, i.e. no more analog smoke. This was two weeks ago, and we never looked back.

We were introduced to vaping at a party, where a friend I remembered to have been a heavy smoker (two "big packs" - that's 24 cigs ea. for those unfamiliar with German ciggie terminology - a day) showed me her EGO-T and even let me try it. She converted to vaping some months ago.

Cut a long story short, the party was on a Saturday, the following Sunday I ordered a set of EGO-C's (over the EGO-T I got shown after some additional reading), some juice and sundries, this got delivered on Tuesday and that's when we both had our last cigarette.

Now we're really getting the hang of it and into all the different lovely and yuckie liquids that are out there.
Next thing will probably the hardware, being a guy this obviously interests me more than the wife who is quite happy with her EGOs

More soon,

all the best,

Ozy.

ozy.mandias

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Germany
Thanks Flyer,

I have already purchased some extra stuff to try out but it mainly circled around the EGO system, i.e. got an EGO Twist VV. It gives one a good introduction to variable voltage vaping and the investment is not that high.

Having scoured both German and international forums, one thing becomes apparent immediately: In the UK and US, people generally seem to vape at higher nic levels. I find a lot of posts from guys / girls using 24mg or higher, whereas in Germany 18 mg is already counted as "high" concentration and the majority subsists on 12mg vapes.

Any thoughts on why that may be the case?

Ozy

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Well, some people/simply need more/less nicotine to cure the craving for smoking. I wasn't aware of regional differences, but at almost three months off tobacco, I'm still vaping 18mg/ml nicotine juices. I initially tried a 24 mg/ml juice and it was a bit too much for me. In another month or so, I will try a 12mg/ml juice. Hopefully I won't notice much difference. Looking to get to 0 nic at some point. Then I'll have to evaluate why I'm even vaping anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread