Hello from Iowa and a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
I live in the Cedar Rapids Iowa area and was wondering if anybody knows of a brick and mortar e cig retailer within a couple of hours from me ? It's kind of a shame that there is one place that is about 8 miles from me but they only do online. I would do a drive if someone knows of a decent place in my area. Where I live is about 4 hours from any "bigger city" that would most likely have a place you can actually walk in to. Thanks

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't mind ordering online but there are times when it would be nice to just walk in a place and be able to hold something in your hand and look at it. Maybe taste test a little e juice or maybe if you happen to get in a bind and can't wait a few days to receive your item. I figure it's wishful thinking but couldn't hurt to ask. I'm about 4 1/2 hours from any city that may possibly have what I'm looking for........Oh well.

Needeles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
WIsconsin
Check out the location are of the forums for ur state/area. I live in WI and thought there was nothing round here. I come to find out that if I drive no more then 3 hours from me I can find about 5 brick and motar shops. Just gotta so some searching but like I said check out the location area. It would prob help you out the most for your area. Good luck to ya.

jeffreys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Omaha, Nebr
Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't mind ordering online but there are times when it would be nice to just walk in a place and be able to hold something in your hand and look at it. Maybe taste test a little e juice or maybe if you happen to get in a bind and can't wait a few days to receive your item. I figure it's wishful thinking but couldn't hurt to ask. I'm about 4 1/2 hours from any city that may possibly have what I'm looking for........Oh well.

Being able to taste-test in a store would be pretty awesome. But nite lite vapor(s) is somewhere in Iowa, I think. That might at least cut down on delivery time.

Good luck in your search!

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
The place that's close to you- they wouldn't be willing to meet you?

Not sure I sent them an email asking a question after they had replied that they only did online and they never responded back to me. Even at that I still wouldn't have the ability to look around and I would rather patronize the suppliers on here if ordering online.

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
Being able to taste-test in a store would be pretty awesome. But nite lite vapor(s) is somewhere in Iowa, I think. That might at least cut down on delivery time.

Good luck in your search!

That's who is about 8 miles from me. Omaha is about 5 hours from me but I bet you have a few places there ?

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
Check out the location are of the forums for ur state/area. I live in WI and thought there was nothing round here. I come to find out that if I drive no more then 3 hours from me I can find about 5 brick and motar shops. Just gotta so some searching but like I said check out the location area. It would prob help you out the most for your area. Good luck to ya.

What area did you end up finding the ones around you ?

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
Welcome Nightflight, I get out to Iowa and the Quad Cities quite a bit. I personally have stopped at a quaint little brick n mortar owned and operated by CIGNOT in the Chicago area (Elmhurst, IL). They were very knowledgeable and a pleasant group with a comfortable lounge area to vape or try their products/juices. I recall they also mentioned they were planning on opening another store location in Country Club Hills a south suburb area. I am no way affiliated with these folks or their business. but this was my experience, and your mileage may vary if you choose to visit, Again, this is a considerable drive for you from Cedar Rapids, but just thought I would share if you ever get out towards the Windy City. Good luck...:2cool:

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
Welcome Nightflight, I get out to Iowa and the Quad Cities quite a bit. I personally have stopped at a quaint little brick n mortar owned and operated by CIGNOT in the Chicago area (Elmhurst, IL). They were very knowledgeable and a pleasant group with a comfortable lounge area to vape or try their products/juices. I recall they also mentioned they were planning on opening another store location in Country Club Hills a south suburb area. I am no way affiliated with these folks or their business. but this was my experience, and your mileage may vary if you choose to visit, Again, this is a considerable drive for you from Cedar Rapids, but just thought I would share if you ever get out towards the Windy City. Good luck...:2cool:

Thank you, I do go to Chicago from time to time, but try not to (no offense) traffic is enough to make me want to shoot myself. Worked there for 2 years...commuted every weekend but that's been quite a few years ago.

jeffreys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Omaha, Nebr
That's who is about 8 miles from me. Omaha is about 5 hours from me but I bet you have a few places there ?

None here either unfortunately.
By the way, I think a few Iowans chit chat in the Nebraska forum.

Oh and if you're going to travel a long way to visit a store, go to the one in Vegas :D
Only a 20 hour drive from Omaha

Stymied

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
ChicagoLand, IL USA
sites.google.com
Thank you, I do go to Chicago from time to time, but try not to (no offense) traffic is enough to make me want to shoot myself. Worked there for 2 years...commuted every weekend but that's been quite a few years ago.

Heheh...I hear ya. It's a bit of a stress test driving in Chicago. You need a ramp on the back of your car to just drive the posted speed limits. It's funny, but my dog catches my body language driving around and barks at the reaction I have to bad drivers. Cracks me up seeing peoples reaction to my dog bust'n their chops...Bulldogs rule!!! Heheh! Again, good luck :D

Nightflight

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Iowa
None here either unfortunately.
By the way, I think a few Iowans chit chat in the Nebraska forum.

Oh and if you're going to travel a long way to visit a store, go to the one in Vegas :D
Only a 20 hour drive from Omaha
LOL went there about a month ago, was there doing some training and figured I'd check one out.

shan57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Midwest USA
I live in the Cedar Rapids Iowa area and was wondering if anybody knows of a brick and mortar e cig retailer within a couple of hours from me ? It's kind of a shame that there is one place that is about 8 miles from me but they only do online. I would do a drive if someone knows of a decent place in my area. Where I live is about 4 hours from any "bigger city" that would most likely have a place you can actually walk in to. Thanks

Hi Nightflight.
I live close to Indianola - there is a vape store there, but prices are a little high.
I agree, would be nice to have a good shop close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread