Hello from NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my last cigarette after switching to vaping after an approximately 23 year habit. So, I'm not one of the young guys, but I've quickly taken on vaping as not just an alternative to the stinkies but also very much as a hobby.. and even gaining a little bit of steam (some pun intended) into the industry. I've built a nice small collection of mods and rebuildables, become fairly proficient at making coils, and have even begun building my own mods entirely.
I found this forum by being enrolled in a program for product testing and reviewing for Vandy Vape, so surely I'll be posting a little bit about that, but I expect to both learn and teach what I can around the forum in general.

Thanks for having me !

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Upstate but not so far upstate. Hudson Valley Area. Lower Ulster County.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Could fill in your "NY" location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Welcome to the forum, a great place to talk or ingest some knowledge. Fellow NYer here, I'm near the Eastern Adirondacks, a true "up-stater", none of this Poughkeepsie being upstate stuff.

Ha.. I'm 10 minutes from Poughkeepsie and I assure you we consider ourselves very much 'Upstate". We despise Cuomo here as much as anywhere further north or west. :)

Welcome and glad you joined.
Could fill in your "NY" location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Done

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Ha.. I'm 10 minutes from Poughkeepsie and I assure you we consider ourselves very much 'Upstate". We despise Cuomo here as much as anywhere further north or west. :)

Ha. The closest I got to you was about 6 months living in Croton. I remember once driving my daughter to the deepest level of hell Chucky Cheese that was up around there. ;)

The Hudson Valley is really pretty, and I'd give Poughkeepsie an upstate rating.

(If you happen to own that Chucky Cheese it's in jest, if not less so :D).

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
Ha. The closest I got to you was about 6 months living in Croton. I remember once driving my daughter to the deepest level of hell Chucky Cheese that was up around there. ;)

The Hudson Valley is really pretty, and I'd give Poughkeepsie an upstate rating.

Gotta laugh- I lived on Long Island most or my life- and everyone there considers anything above "Da Bronx"- upstate. I'm in Rockland County now. So I guess I'm a 'faux' up-stater.
People in the 5 burroughs of NYC used to consider Nassau and Suffolk County "the country"- it's anything but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread