Hello I am new wanted to say hi:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebwat

Nov 24, 2016
Hello I am new wanted to say hi mainly I have joined because I am getting into DIY ejuice I have bought my stuff to do so but not quite sure on measurements and all and everytime I have a question for the internet this is the place that pops up with answers so I thought well why not join hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving:)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi @Rebecca20161980! Welcome!

Make sure you go over to the DIY sub-forum DIY E-Liquid

I work with percentages in my recipes. So, 10% would be 1ml; 5% would be 0.5ml, and so on. I usually mix in 30ml batches (for a known recipe) and so I just multiply by 3.

There are a great number of blogs and threads. Read up stuff by Hoosier, DannyV45, and anything you can find by Bill's Magic Vapor. These gentlemen have been around the block once or twice and have excellent advice on how to proceed. Thanks to these three, and so many others (@dcfluegel, <wink> <wink> <nudge> <nudge>) I've been DIYing for a couple of years now, and there's no turning back!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thank you I like 3 mgm and 12 mgm nic for now but I have bought 3mgm 30 pg 70 vg already in the base nad a base of 50/50 blend 12 mgm nicitine already in it and was just going to add my flavors from there.
You can do that. That is how some people start. :)

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Hello Rebecca, Welcome to ECF.
I found the forum the same way.
Just made sense to join and search right here.
DIY is fun and easy.
Just be sure to triple check when diluting your nic.
Everything else involves trial and error.

Personally I do not use any nic in my small 10ml. trial mixes.
When I hit a mixture I like I make a large batch
(200-500ml.)and just toss all the small trials into it.

Enjoy your stay. Cheers.

Reactions: David Wolf

rebwat

Nov 24, 2016
Hello Rebecca, Welcome to ECF.
I found the forum the same way.
Just made sense to join and search right here.
DIY is fun and easy.
Just be sure to triple check when diluting your nic.
Everything else involves trial and error.

Personally I do not use any nic in my small 10ml. trial mixes.
When I hit a mixture I like I make a large batch
(200-500ml.)and just toss all the small trials into it.

Enjoy your stay. Cheers.

Thank you I like 3 mgm and 12 mgm nic for now but I have bought 3mgm 30 pg 70 vg already in the base nad a base of 50/50 blend 12 mgm nicitine already in it and was just going to add my flavors from there.

Reactions: DingerCPA

rebwat

Nov 24, 2016
Hi @Rebecca20161980! Welcome!

Make sure you go over to the DIY sub-forum DIY E-Liquid

I work with percentages in my recipes. So, 10% would be 1ml; 5% would be 0.5ml, and so on. I usually mix in 30ml batches (for a known recipe) and so I just multiply by 3.

There are a great number of blogs and threads. Read up stuff by Hoosier, DannyV45, and anything you can find by Bill's Magic Vapor. These gentlemen have been around the block once or twice and have excellent advice on how to proceed. Thanks to these three, and so many others (@dcfluegel, <wink> <wink> <nudge> <nudge>) I've been DIYing for a couple of years now, and there's no turning back!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Thank you I just had to change my name so I am not sure who I am now-lol but thank you I might need some help:)

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Thank you I just had to change my name so I am not sure who I am now-lol but thank you I might need some help:)

LOL - no worries. I rarely know who I am either :)

Ask away - that's what ECF is for. Look for recipes - most are listed by percentages. You would then want to figure how big a bottle you want to make, and then we can help with the math :)

Reactions: rebwat

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello I am new wanted to say hi mainly I have joined because I am getting into DIY ejuice I have bought my stuff to do so but not quite sure on measurements and all and everytime I have a question for the internet this is the place that pops up with answers so I thought well why not join hello everyone and Happy Thanksgiving:)
Welcome and glad you joined. Could let the calculator(of your choice) tell you what the measurements should be. This is what I imagine 90% of DIY'rs use.
Might like to read:
diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Hoosier's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
How hard is it to get in to DIY liqiud?
What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum
Tips for Beginners – DIY OR DIE

rebwat

Nov 24, 2016
Thank you so much very helpful I just got my first items to get started from ecig express and I am excited!

Reactions: BrotherBob

rebwat

Nov 24, 2016
Welcome @rebwat and I hope you enjoy your stay!

The calculator I like to use is at ecigvape.com because for my needs it is more versatile and does not require being installed and your stored recipes are available to you wherever you are.

stored recipes? now this I like I will have to check it out appreciate the info.

Reactions: SteveS45

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thank you so much very helpful I just got my first items to get started from ecig express and I am excited!
Best advise I can give (not trying to pop your bubble but):
I hope you can remain excited for 4 weeks because what they don't tell you is, that is the time it takes to steep a DIY liquid in order to obtain the best possible outcome with regard to taste. If you know for certain that the mix is a shake and vape or a two week steep normal, then gamble and hope someone is correct. You can sample tasting if you wish, but like with cooking, it's not always a good thing to sample/eat the dish too early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread