Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Welcome Dan,
Your question is confusing. Are you asking how to pick out a mod (battery device) and atomizer (juice delivery device) to complete a vaping setup? Or how to actually manufacture a new mod? :unsure:

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
Reviewing the above articles should help answer some questions, and create some more questions.

UraVapes

Nov 20, 2017
Welcome Dan,
Your question is confusing. Are you asking how to pick out a mod (battery device) and atomizer (juice delivery device) to complete a vaping setup? Or how to actually manufacture a new mod? :unsure:

Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
Reviewing the above articles should help answer some questions, and create some more questions.
manufactur a new mod

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Welcome to ECF, graffiti-dan. Man, if you lived in my town you wouldn't be giving out your graffiti name, but to each their own

Welcome to ECF however, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Anna
Depends. If he’s good it could be high art. There are people who make good livings at it. Banksy comes to mind.
Banksy - Wikipedia

• Agree

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
manufactur a new mod

Welcome!

If you are new to vaping (as you posted) I strongly suggest that you get used to and learn about it with commercial mods and atties, learn how to build coils, read all you can about battery safety and Ohms Law and then work your way into the DIY possibilities of vaping. You will also have to learn about the different kinds of mods and atomizers and understand how they work in order to manufacture your own equipment.

My guess is that if you have the abilities and proper tools you can easily manufacture a mechanical mod but those are recommended only to advanced users. Building a regulated mod will require to buy a chipset. I've seen that Evolv sells their DNA chips, also Dicodes chips can be bought in Europe (seen the in Crème de Vape).

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Welcome!

If you are new to vaping (as you posted) I strongly suggest that you get used to and learn about it with commercial mods and atties, learn how to build coils, read all you can about battery safety and Ohms Law and then work your way into the DIY possibilities of vaping. You will also have to learn about the different kinds of mods and atomizers and understand how they work in order to manufacture your own equipment.

My guess is that if you have the abilities and proper tools you can easily manufacture a mechanical mod but those are recommended only to advanced users. Building a regulated mod will require to buy a chipset. I've seen that Evolv sells their DNA chips, also Dicodes chips can be bought in Europe (seen the in Crème de Vape).
You can get whatever chipset you want Generally if your willing to brave alibaba.
Making a mod is easy. Designing a decent and safe mod is hard. It’s electronics plus metallurgy plus furniture design. Can and has been done though. Using a chipset also solves 90% of the electronics issues. I was looking hard at doing it too. Got sick though.

I was interested in doing a regulated automatic pipe mod, which required additional electronics and some creative battery stuff. I think it would have worked, though the way things are going I’ll probably never know.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Reread your original post. Sounds like what you want to do is not so much build your own as it is commission a design and sell it under your name. Generally the mod companies won’t talk to anyone not already famous in some way. If you’re THE actual ura from Singapore that might actually be possible. I would contact a manufacturer directly.

Still, not knowing much about ecigs you’re going to be at a disadvantage. Most of the “designed by” mods are done by experienced vapers well known in the community. Their actual design work is minimal. It’s the name recognition they are after. Again, you may have that, perhaps more so in Asia than rural America, but that’s where they make ecigs. In your position I might be more interested in designing a mod than an atty. Attys are more technical. Simply sketching out something to be screen printed on a mod doesn’t take a lot of engineering know how.
The problem I see with it is actually keeping your design. Cloners are highly active in e-cigarettes. You’d need legal pull in china to be able to get litigious when (not if) the thing gets copied. It common for the window between a new device coming out and the clones appearing is often measured in weeks.

UraVapes

Nov 20, 2017
P
Reread your original post. Sounds like what you want to do is not so much build your own as it is commission a design and sell it under your name. Generally the mod companies won’t talk to anyone not already famous in some way. If you’re THE actual ura from Singapore that might actually be possible. I would contact a manufacturer directly.

Still, not knowing much about ecigs you’re going to be at a disadvantage. Most of the “designed by” mods are done by experienced vapers well known in the community. Their actual design work is minimal. It’s the name recognition they are after. Again, you may have that, perhaps more so in Asia than rural America, but that’s where they make ecigs. In your position I might be more interested in designing a mod than an atty. Attys are more technical. Simply sketching out something to be screen printed on a mod doesn’t take a lot of engineering know how.
The problem I see with it is actually keeping your design. Cloners are highly active in e-cigarettes. You’d need legal pull in china to be able to get litigious when (not if) the thing gets copied. It common for the window between a new device coming out and the clones appearing is often measured in weeks.[/QUOTE
Lol I live in Canada
Just want to make a mod for myself

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
This is bordering on business discussions which are not permitted on ECF.

As such, closing.

OP, if you want to design a mod and have a Chinese manufacturer make it, you'll need thousands of dollars. Just because it's China doesn't mean it's going to be cheap for you to do something like that, even if it's just for one item for your own personal use. Best to learn how to make one yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread