Hello! Over discharge question

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaLou

Jun 1, 2019
Hello! I’ve been vaping for about 5 years now, being free from the cigarettes I smoked for 15. I am currently using a voopoo caliber battery, which is a simple design that I like. It’s been working well for me, but I woke up this morning, went to vape, and it will not fire. The only light is blinking 10 times, and the manuel indicates this is for “over discharge protection.” Okay, so if it’s protected from over discharge, does that mean it can still be used since it was protected? Or is it just dead, and this is a safety feature?

EmaLou

Jun 1, 2019
You are a kind gentleman, thank you for answering my question. I thought I fully charged it last night, as I do every night. It was plugged up all night. Upon further investigation it seems the electrical outlet on the wall is not working, and it never charged. I really believed my battery was dead and it had been “over discharged”, a concept of will never fully wrap my brain around! Thank you!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
You are a kind gentleman, thank you for answering my question. I thought I fully charged it last night, as I do every night. It was plugged up all night. Upon further investigation it seems the electrical outlet on the wall is not working, and it never charged. I really believed my battery was dead and it had been “over discharged”, a concept of will never fully wrap my brain around! Thank you!

Welcome to ECF

It is recommended to monitor your charging. Should something happen you can act upon it quickly. If you are sleeping, you may not be aware of any incidents which could be fatal.

When the device is fully charged, unplug it right away. Many devices apply a “Trickle Charge” to try and keep the batteries topped up, this trickle charge can lead to some concerning voltages.

And always check for heat. Should the device get hot, unplug from the charger immediately and refrain from using that USB power supply until the source of the heat is determined.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It is recommended to monitor your charging. Should something happen you can act upon it quickly. If you are sleeping, you may not be aware of any incidents which could be fatal..
Such as a battery fire or explosion...so another tip is to always charge on a fire resistant surface. For example granite or porcelin countertops, glass or metal baking pans, etc.

Keep your focus on the kitchen counter in this security cam video where a mod with an internal battery is being charged while everyone is sleeping,

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the term over-discharged kind of gets thrown around a bit. In this case it simply means "Charge your battery."

You can go below a safe voltage on a battery, although most mods protect you a fair amount above that point by refusing to vape, and telling you to change the batteries. Regulated mods, anyway.

Good luck It think you will be fine.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Voodoo or voopoo? Autocorrect is evil.

Assuming voopoo caliber battery is the right term. It’s a sealed battery mod. As such if the battery is going since there’s no way to open the device and replace it you probably need a whole new mod. The atty will unscrew if you like it and want to keep it. You can put it on any device with a 510 connector and it will likely vape.

There is a host of choices available for powering the atty, including another sealed battery mod just like the one you were using. Or you can get a whole other device.

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hello! I’ve been vaping for about 5 years now, being free from the cigarettes I smoked for 15. I am currently using a Voopoo Caliber battery, which is a simple design that I like. It’s been working well for me, but I woke up this morning, went to vape, and it will not fire. The only light is blinking 10 times, and the manuel indicates this is for “over discharge protection.” Okay, so if it’s protected from over discharge, does that mean it can still be used since it was protected? Or is it just dead, and this is a safety feature?

I don’t know anything about those devices but please please don’t leave batteries or mod charging overnight unattended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread