The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hello! Question about mod/batteries.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by MikeNIke, Jan 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MikeNIke

MikeNIke New Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Hello! I'm new. Wondering about mods and batteries. About how long will 2 dual Sony vtc6 batteries last at 70 watts between charges? I usually puff about 7 seconds. How many puffs should I get?

2. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    Welcome to the forum. Question is difficult to answer. You should get full day, but it depends on how much juice you vape per day, ohm of coil and a few other details. I ask, why are you concerned with puffs?

• Like Like x 1
  3. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    Hello and welcome to ECF! Need resistance value

4. jdy

jdy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and Welcome to ECF, there are other variables too. For instance different mod's require different amounts of the battery to perform. A touch screen will wear down the batteries faster than a smaller solid screen. One with many measures W, V P, Jules, clock and battery level more than one with only Wattage. A few days will tell you what your mod's performance is as it's not that cut and dry!
    Enjoy ECF

5. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    A quick and totally inaccurate calculation suggests 147 puffs, but that's assuming that batteries work in ways they don't really. The real number would be lower. Possibly much lower.

Typical draw (per battery) =
    70 w/ 2 batteries / 0.9 / 3.7 v = 10.5 amps

Nominal battery capacity: 3000 mAh or 3 Ah

(3 Ah)( 3600 seconds per hour) = 10,800 As ('As' being amp-seconds)

10,800 As / 10.5 A = 1028 seconds (of operation)

(1028 s) / (7 seconds/puff) = 147 puffs

I would like to reiterate that this calculation has little to no relationship with reality. The actual answer to your question is: It depends on far too many different factors to reasonably account for.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. greek mule

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    I assume you use around 0.2 ohm so pretty much 146 7 seconds puffs

7. greek mule

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    If you wand to do your own calculations go to Steam Engine -battery drain application and set the required values.Result is for single battery,multiply with number of batteries to get total puffs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    For me a dual battery mod at 70w would last half a day or less. This is one of the issues with coil cartridges. They suck a lot of power compared to RTAs

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Yup, that's what we should get at 90% efficiency if we use all 3 Ah in each battery. The mod will shut down before that happens though, so I typically use 2500 mAh for a 3000 mAh battery and that gives us 115 drags. Plus some mods are less than 90% efficient and some really goods boards are better so there is that to consider. IMO, it will very likely be less than 115, but close.

Batteries matter too of course. If the batts are not really VTC6, all bets are off :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Could just google in :
    steam-engine

• Like Like x 1
  11. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017