Hello there, new member here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zw1zard

Oct 24, 2013
Minnesota
Hi, I'm Zach

I'm new to vaping and all the terminology.
Got a standard eGo-T 650 mAh for my first vape and am slowly but surely waning off cigarettes.

One question I have would be, what atomizer do you guys suggest using with an eGo-T 510 battery?

I've been using the one that came with my starter kit and liked it but once I put new liquid in it the thing seems to crap out and randomly give me burnt tasting hits.

Thanks for any help.

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
Hello there zw1zard and welcome to the forum.
Your ego battery will accept most 510/ego style clearos/tanks/attys. A few suggestion are the Kanger evods, MT3, protanks which are all bottom coil which have coils that can be changed easily. Would suggest getting extra 1.8 - 2.2 ohm heads.
If you would prefer a top coil and wick setup a vivi nova is pretty good and again the heads are replaceable and again the 1.8-2.2 ohm heads.
For the problems with your old atty you might look at giving it a good cleaning. There are good cleaning instruction on this forum so just check out a few of them. A good cleaning often makes your old clearo work close to new.
Good luck.

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm still quite new to this, only been vaping now for about 2 weeks, but what is a Kanthal? I've googled a few times but can't seem to find any concrete results. I keep coming up with parts for it but not the whole atomizer. A link would be nice :)

Kanthal is the type of wire a lot of people use to build coils for dripping atomizers. A rebuildable dripping atomizer or rda/rba is a little more advanced atomizer that can be rebuilt many times.
55 Electronic Cigarettes (Product Type: RBA/RDA Atomizer) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping These are just a few of the possible rebuildables available. This forum has all kinds of info on what types there are and how to rebuild them.
Hope this helps.

zw1zard

Oct 24, 2013
Minnesota
Would you mind briefly explaining to difference between a clearo (I'm assuming you mean clearimizer), a tank, and an atomizer? I have a slight grasp on all this but I'm still learning.

I would prefer something with clearer taste and good vapor production, so would going with a bottom coil clearomizer be my best bet? Like I said before my old atomizer as well as a couple replacements I've bought have been giving me the burnt taste even sometimes when they're brand new.

Thanks for the tips.

abasm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Condor, AB, Canada
Your right a clearo is short for clearomizer. These work well straight out of the box, add juice and vape away.http://fasttechcdn.com/products/149/1494507/1494507-4-thumb.jpg
A tank is simply a juice holder until an atomizer is added.http://fasttechcdn.com/products/139/1396003/1396003-2.jpg
An atomizer is the assembly that holds the heating coil that vaporizes your liquid.http://fasttechcdn.com/products/150/1500601/1500601-2.jpg
If you are getting burnt taste on more than one clearo the problem may be that your juice is too thick to wick properly. High vg juices are thick and sometimes need to be watered down. You can use distilled water or vodka to do this. Adding a few drops of these can thin the juice and make them wick better.
A bottom coil clearo often wicks better and can stop or minimize burnt hits as the coil is submerged in juice and therefore is dry less often. Most Kanger bottom coil clearos produce good vapor when you use 1.8-2.2 ohm heads.
As to taste it's so subjective that its hard to recommend a best but I would suggest trying one of each say an evod, a vivi nove and a boge or kanger low resistance atomizer and test for yourself. These are fairly inexpensive and readily available. You decide.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread