Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! First time poster and new member. Been lurking around here for the past few days though. Great information here.

I've been smoking analogs for close to 30 years. I should have quit a long time ago. Like others here I tried different methods but nothing worked so far. I'm hoping this will do the trick, because I'm not sure how long my health will hold out.

After doing some research, I have decided to take the plunge and try vaping.
I purchased from cignot:

- 1 eGo Joye kit, added a 3rd battery
- 1 tobacco sampler pack - 25 mg
- 1 VG Camel 26mg 20ml

I hope this sets me up to finally ditch cigarettes. Anyways, just glad this forum exists. I really would've been going in blind without the information here.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I am with keyzy-get a couple extra atomizers.
Blow out your atomizers when you get them. Put the threaed end in your mouth and the open end-hold a papertowel over it and blow a few times. This gets any primer fluid out-it doesn't have a good taste-try to get it all out.
When you fill the cartridges (the filter end) slide a toothpick or unfolded paperclip in between the cart and filler material. This helps the e-liquid absorb into the filler and helps it to get to the bottom of the cart.
You might want to pick up a small camera case that has a belt loop on the back for carrying your supplies. You can get a papertowel, paperclip, your extra, charged battery and atomizers and a bottle or two of juice in one of those cases.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Attys can last anywhere from a day or two to months. I think we go through more when we're first starting, so just to be safe, I'd get a few more. It really sucks when you're vaping, all is going well, then there is some sort of equipment failure or you run out of something.

I have 2 Joye 510 atty's that are at almost 3 months and going strong. I clean them with alcohol and hot water about once a week.

Wow. Still so much to learn.
Thanks all. I will definitely pickup some more attys and learn to clear them before using.
I'm waiting for when the eGo get's here to determine what kind of pack I will need to carry around. I've read on ECF that one person can go all day with 3 filled carts and one eGo battery. That sounds ideal.
I'm still reluctant to start dripping or using cartomizers, until I get a feel for how the normal vaping goes. But I have read a lot about using cartos and dripping. I'm just not there, yet.

petem

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
va
Everyone is different. What battery may last one user a day and a half will last another user 40 min. Just something to keep in mind when reading is if the poster was a heavy smoker or light and then again some light smoker turn out to be heavy vapors. Drip tips are pretty cheap so not a bad idea to order with an order of juice if the vendor has them to cut down on shipping cost. The prefilled carts in kits can be pretty bad tasting, if you find that out you can just toss or clean the filler material and use the empty cart with the orginal filler or try a cart mod ( Cartridge Mods - E-Cigarette Forum) don't worry about doing that right away. Hope this has not been too confusing just something to reference later.

Everyone is different. What battery may last one user a day and a half will last another user 40 min. Just something to keep in mind when reading is if the poster was a heavy smoker or light and then again some light smoker turn out to be heavy vapors. Drip tips are pretty cheap so not a bad idea to order with an order of juice if the vendor has them to cut down on shipping cost. The prefilled carts in kits can be pretty bad tasting, if you find that out you can just toss or clean the filler material and use the empty cart with the orginal filler or try a cart moddon't worry about doing that right away. Hope this has not been too confusing just something to reference later.

Yep. People are definitely the variable in the equation. I have heard that the prefilled carts are horrid. I intend to use them up then refill with the juice I ordered. Good stuff. Thank you for bringing cart mods to my attention as right now, every bit helps me avoid bad purchases, although I'm bound to make some along the way. :)

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Let's put things in perspective. Atty's cost around 7 bucks, about the average price for a pack of cigs, which wouldn't even last a day for me. So even if an atty lasts 2 weeks, it's still a good deal.
Exactly.

I suggest everyone have at least three on hand at all times.
But I have about 45 atomizers, and I'm only on my second one after 13 months.

If the FDA loses the court case, I'll have a lot of stuff I can finally sell.
:)

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
Exactly.

I suggest everyone have at least three on hand at all times.
But I have about 45 atomizers, and I'm only on my second one after 13 months.

If the FDA loses the court case, I'll have a lot of stuff I can finally sell.
:)

Wow! Sort of like the folks who built bomb shelters under their houses, and stored 20 years' worth of canned goods. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread