Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Hello been smoking for almost 27 years. Started vaping in 2014 and loved it. Unfortunately, the vaping devices I purchased were weak and the whole process had a steep learning curve. Cigarettes were easy so I continued to smoke. Was up to about 10 to 15 smokes a day. Been smoke free since November 3, 2018 and strictly vaping. Also, started to dabble in DIY.

I am using a Voopoo 220 Watt mod with a Smok V12 tank. When I was ready to crack and almost smoke I rushed out and purchased a Juul. That really hit the spot.

Probably spent close to a grand within the last few weeks on juice, DIY supplies etc., I honestly don't care as long as it keeps me away from cigarettes.

Thanks
Zahlia

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Howdy and welcome :)
The juul is like 50mg/ml. If you had a craving like that it’s possible your nic level is too low. If you like the MTL style of the juul, there are MTL tanks around you might like.

Thank you. For now I will see how long I can last with the Juul. With my actual device I have been only using 3mg of nicotine. But you're right the higher nic level in the Juul really hit the spot. What other devices would you recommend.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thank you. For now I will see how long I can last with the Juul. With my actual device I have been only using 3mg of nicotine. But you're right the higher nic level in the Juul really hit the spot. What other devices would you recommend.
For DL coil cartridge the freemax pro is popular, for MTL the zenith and the falcon are both highly regarded.
I think the real secret is going to be doubling your nic strength for DL vaping. If you do that your current rig may well be fine. The key imho to successful vaping is to use the level of nicotine you need. You don’t reduce nicotine according to a schedule, but when your current nic level feels like it’s too much to be comfortable. Nicotine reduction is a very long slow incremental process. It is much more important health wise to smoke zero cigarettes than to reduce your nicotine intake

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
For DL coil cartridge the freemax pro is popular, for MTL the zenith and the falcon are both highly regarded.
I think the real secret is going to be doubling your nic strength for DL vaping. If you do that your current rig may well be fine. The key imho to successful vaping is to use the level of nicotine you need. You don’t reduce nicotine according to a schedule, but when your current nic level feels like it’s too much to be comfortable. Nicotine reduction is a very long slow incremental process. It is much more important health wise to smoke zero cigarettes than to reduce your nicotine intake
I agree with all of your post but the Falcon, it's not well suited for mtl. Zenith is a great tank for mtl or rl.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
You could up your nic level to 6 mg and that would help. Maybe buy a pod with refillable units and get some 18 or 24 mg juice for those times when you need a bit more. Way cheaper than the Juul. I have a pod that I run 24mg salts in and it works wonders for those moments when I just need that little extra nic kick.

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Go with what works for you.
Also, started to dabble in DIY.
Dabble is ok, suggest not to go overboard to soon. Might want to wait a few months (6 mo. is about average) before you start mixing flavors for your present equipment.
Could check out this forum and read the stickies below:
DIY E-Liquid

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
for a smoker with 27 years of experience, e-juice with 3mg of nic is almost nothing, I'd say you can try the 12mg and then slowly go down with a lower dosage types.
I agree.....I think most walk into a store, buy a set up and the store just sells them the juice they have, which is most likely too low in nic. They would rather sell them a bottle of 3mg and have them puff away constantly then sell them 9mg or higher, because in the end, they want to sell more juice

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I hesitate to argue with "it's working" and yet there are better and less expensive ways to vape, but that is kinda "in my opinion." I will say the Innoken Kroma Kit is a fantastic place to start if you want a more robust but still MTL type of thing (and you can go as high on nic as you can tolerate, or as low as what works within a sort of "reasonable" frame of reference) but what that will be for you, it just kinda depends. Get some high nic flavor you like and some 0 nic same flavored juice and like, experiment with different proportions would sort of be my advice.

Good luck and welcome.

Anna

Reactions: dreamvaper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread