Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-1.jpg

Hello, today let's take a look at the Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo rda. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Before starting, let's see the main characteristics declared by the manufacturer:

• Single Coil rda
    • Diameter: 22mm
    • 510 threaded connection
    • Flexible airflow control
    • 30 honeycomb holes φ1,2mm
    • Compact Design
    • 510 Adapter Included
    • 810 Colorful Resin Drip Tip
    • Bottom Feed With BF Pin

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-2.gif

► Packaging:
    The compact two-tone white and fiery red package shows on the front; the Hellvape logo, that of the famous dead rabbit, a window with a view of the product contained inside, the product name "Dead Rabbit RDA" and the giant writing "SOLO". On the back are present; the Features, the packing list, useful addresses of the manufacturer, logos & legal trademarks.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-3.jpg

On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numerical code (22-01) associated with this product, a stylized drawing of the tank, the product name (Dead Rabbit Solo RDA). We also find; the slogan "Evolve your vaping genius", the scratch&check, an adhesive label with the batch number and the color indication of this sample.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-4.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-5.jpg

► Packing Lists:
    • 1* Dead Rabbit RDA Only
    • 1* 0.42Ω Ni80 Clapton Coil
    • 1* Cotton lace
    • 1* 510 Drip Tip Adapter
    • 1* BF pin
    • 1* Coil cutting tool
    • 1* Bag of accessories
    • 1* User Manual
    * Note: This is a sample for reviews and a resin 810 drip tip will be included in the box of the final product for sale. In the SS color version for sale, the transparent white drip tip will be replaced with a transparent black drip tip.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-6.jpg

► Specifications:
    • Dimensions: φ22.0*32.8mm
    • Drip Tips: 810
    • Coil Type: Single Coil
    • Net weight: 32g

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-7.jpg

► Available Colors:
    • SS
    • Matt Black
    • Glossy black
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Blue
    • Rainbow

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-8.jpg

► First Impressions:
    Solo RDA 22mm as the name suggests with its 22mm base is the smallest of all the recent Dead Rabbits. It has the classic two post deck to allow for single coil builds and is made of durable stainless steel. On the outer central part there is the new Hellvape rabbit logo which is located near an interesting AFC adjustable, suitable for both MTL and RDL. Solo RDA comes from Hellvape in a range of seven different colors. The two specimens I got for this Test are; one Gunmetal and the other Gold, both appear well painted and could by themselves and with the addition of the SS and Black versions satisfy the tastes of almost all vaper's. The small size of this 22mm RDA will surely interest many of you, as the tank combines perfectly with compact Mods, creating a powerful pocket kit. Judge for yourself the image below where you can see this RDA installed on the legendary Pico Squeeze and on the stupendous Arez 120 by Hellvape.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-9.jpg

Hellvape has included a 510 drip tip adapter in the kit, and this is a very interesting detail because the AFC system equipped with 32 honeycomb holes allows you to select two holes at a time, so starting with only two φ1 holes, 2mm open at 50%, we have a very narrow airflow which is ideal for MTL, and the 510 drip tip becomes invaluable for this combination. The maximum adjustment with the full opening of the 30 φ1.2mm holes allows large and tasty RDL extractions in combination with the original 810 drip tip and a sub-ohm coil like the one present in the package.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-10.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-11.jpg

► Exploded view:
    Attention to detail, robust construction, valuable couplings, perfect o-ring seal are all factors to which Hellvape has accustomed us for some time. This RDA is also completely disassembled for an accurate and meticulous cleaning of the parts.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-12.jpg

The tank has a generous e-liquid capacity, even for dripping-style use on traditional Mods and without having to continuously drip liquid into the tank. However, for further vape autonomy, the kit includes a drilled pin for an advantageous use with Mod BF Squonk.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-13.jpg

The jacket (central part) inside houses a sturdy rectangular steel section that reduces the harmful spaces around the coil by compressing the air, moreover the very thick walls reduce the accumulation of heat. At the top, the Top Cap rotates within this section, and regulates the airflow. At the bottom there are two spurs (indicated in the image) which prevent the rotation of the deck by blocking it.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-14.jpg

► Builds:
    I used the coil and the cotton supplied in the kit, then with the coil-tool (included) I cut the legs to a length of 5mm. It is extremely simple to insert the coil from above into the Deck, all that remains is to tighten the comfortable side screws with the flat screwdriver provided and straighten the coil.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-15.jpg

After a brief pre-activation of the coil to remove any hot-spots, all that remains is to insert the comfortable cotton lace which is included in the kit and cut the mustache to the right size. This RDA requires a lot of cotton because the coil is very high and the depth of the tank is considerable. After inserting the cotton it is necessary to wet it with e-liquid, reposition the chamber and refill with e-liquid from above, or use the tank with the drilled pin together with a BF mod.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-16.jpg

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-17.jpg

► Final conclusions:
    The 0.42Ω NI 80 Coil (present in the kit) once backcombed gave me a very precise final resistive value of just 0.42Ω! The Coil value was measured with my Hellvape Arez 120 Mod. During the test I used a creamy PG/VG 70/30 liquid that I know very well, the test continued using Dead Rabbit Solo RDA in BF mode with Pico Squeeze.

Starting from the top, I really liked being able to have a 510 adapter for a free choice of drip-tip, furthermore the rotation of the Top-Cap with the grip of its knurls is very fluid while regulating the air flow. But it is precisely the general quality of this RDA that convinced me. The opposing honeycomb air intakes are arranged in 3+3 rows of five holes each and this offers several combinations of flow adjustment towards the coil, it is also possible to angle the flow with respect to the center of the coil starting to open the holes from the right or from the left, starting from the bottom row and going up, or starting to open all three rows of holes in progression. In principle, this small RDA can be configured according to the coil you will choose in a universal way. You can get a very narrow MTL type of vape but also an airy, medium RDL, or narrow with hot vapor for a rather strong "throat hit" (the way I like it).

The standard Clapton Coil activates quickly on my Pico Squeeze and with it I immediately found my sweet spot, I got a great flavor delivery followed by a large clouds size. The body temperature of this RDA always remains rather low even by regulating the AFC system at 50% of its opening, the large thickness of stainless steel used in the construction of this RDA seems to dissipate the heat in an optimal way. Another big advantage compared to other RDAs is undoubtedly the depth of the tank which can store a lot of e-liquid, so the number of Puffs increases a lot before squeezing the bottle again.

Hellvape Dead Rabbit Solo RDA will be available to the public soon, I recommend you to buy it. You will surely be satisfied with its performances.

I would like to thank Hellvape for providing me with the kit. I hope this review has been helpful for anyone who wants to buy Dead Rabbit Solo RDA.

Thanks for reading.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-Solo-RDA-18.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread