help! Akuma mod clone problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
Every clone I've ever purchased has been junk except for the Stingray X which was better than the original. Tube mods require regular maintenance, cleaning, lubricating, spray some wd40 on it, use a vice, mole grips and a cloth, either separate the two parts or throw it in the bin, choice is yours, don't buy clones. They are cheap for good reason.

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
I bought the Vanilla clone in copper but was infact brass and copper plated lol I liked the size and the idea but the thing never did fire properly, sold it to a vaping buddy who felt I had cursed him with it. I bought it after watching a video of Todds on the genuine from Cloud9 and Twisted 420's review of the clone, consequently I gave twisted some grief about it too! I bought both the 18650 & later my fav the 18500 vanilla in stainless from cloud9 plus the hybrid adaptors and silver plated upgrade contacts. Both devices were a dream to use no misfires ever, both were kicked which fitted perfect with the hybrid adaptors & genuine AW batteries. I've since sold the 18650 but the 18500 will always be one of my fav tube mods.
The Stingray X was the mod of mods at the time, the clone was produced to a better standard than the original. It was hinted that the manufacturer produced 1000 for a quick sale then sold the plans for the original to the cloners. I bought a 4nine clone which is a piece of junk, fires for 5 mins then gives up, tried different size batteries, magnets and even a different hybrid adaptor to no avail, free to a good home for postage lol Since moved my gaze from mechs to boxes, tube mods are for collectors those with more money than good sense, just like some wooden box mods :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread