HELP! All 3 of My Batteries Died in One Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
The best way to tell is to use an ohm meter or a multi-meter. You really should be doing this anyway if you are rebuilding, so if you don't have one, get one. Until you get one, don't rebuild. You NEED to test your coil assembly before using them.

It's hard to say what the problem is unless we can see the insides of the actual assembly. Probably the most common reason - again, not the only possible reason - is if the coil comes in contact with either the side or the cap/chimney of the coil assembly.

Hope this helps.

poisonette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Ohio
It's not your coil resistance. My husband checks the resistance on all his coils and they were spot on. The diameter or material of the wire is what is off. I have ONE battery out of 6 that can use any rebuilt coil. If your batts are the Ego-T generation, they will be picky. I have yet to find the correct combo of material & diameter on the rebuilds.
I'm vaping on the old standard 510 drip atties until my husband figures it out.
Hope that helps & makes sense.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
It's not your coil resistance. My husband checks the resistance on all his coils and they were spot on. The diameter or material of the wire is what is off. I have ONE battery out of 6 that can use any rebuilt coil. If your batts are the Ego-T generation, they will be picky. I have yet to find the correct combo of material & diameter on the rebuilds.
I'm vaping on the old standard 510 drip atties until my husband figures it out.
Hope that helps & makes sense.

Sorry, poisonette, that just doesn't make sense. If the resistance of the coil is OK then the diameter of the wire doesn't matter.

Does your husband check the resistance AFTER the coil is installed in the head? If that resistance, as installed, is OK then the battery should fire it just fine.

poisonette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2010
Ohio
The diameter if the wire does make a difference, the number if wraps is adjusted to make the correct ohms
The problem in the diameter is in the connection it makes to battery terminal in the atomizer. If it's too flimsy or too thick to make a proper connection, it will not work.
All I know is that 5/6 of my batts are marked Ego-T and NONE of them accept a home built coil.
I've tried 3 different tank types and 1 rebuildable drip in the past year, all work great until we rebuild the coil.
I'd prefer not to have to replace all my batteries because of this, I'd rather just go back to my old atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread