Help! Am I allergic to PG??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emyllis

Jul 4, 2010
San Jose
Hey all, hope you can help me figure this one out.

So Ive been vaping for a month or so now and have only ordered juices from the same ECF supplier. I ordered dif flavors and nic levels (12, 18, and 24) the first time. One bottle was all PG based & normal flavor content; and the others were 'extra VG & extra Flavor' based. Im not sure the exact percentage of either, just that two of them had more VG in it. All of those juices were fantastic! Ended up settling on 24mg levels but wanted more throat hit, so I lowered the VG from 'extra' to 'some' (invariably upping the PG) in my next order. I did change flavors but kept them all at 'extra flavor'.

Now here is my problem; my mouth is on fire. I dont have a sore throat, headache, acne, or any of the other symptoms of a PG allergy tho. My tongue, throat, and mouth do burn extremely bad, but only while I vape any of my 4 new flavors (some more than others). I figured it was the PG and Id just get used to my new and improved throat hit but as the day has gone by, the burning has gotten worse and worse... but again, only while Im actually vaping the stuff. Once I stop, the burning goes away after several minute.

I suspect I have a PG allergy but Im confused because Ive already downed 40ml of a full PG juice last week (and the other 'extra VG' juice couldn't have been more than a 50/50 mix). All of these juice were from the same supplier and I was fine... as a matter of fact, its the only juice I have that I can currently vape (since these new ones are killing me) and its dangerously low =( Can anyone help me with this? Is it possible to have an allergy, but only to a certain amount, say 80/20 PG? Did I maybe happen to get a bad batch... of four different flavors? ARG.

I know I can cut them all with VG, and I have. I ended up having to add about 60% pure VG to one of them (haven't cut the others yet), just to make it tolerable. Unfortunately now Im at less than half my needed 24mg AND its pretty much flavorless juice now. I can deal with having to cut what I already have (tho Id rather not have to) but I really just want to know if you all think its maybe the PG so I know what to order from now on or if you think maybe it was something on the suppliers end like a bad bottle of PG or VG or whatever.

help... I really dont want to hop back over to the Dark Lung Side (analogs, hehe. Lame geek humor)

Thanks all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread