HELP! building passthrough and battery powered mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I'm interested in making a box mod which can be used with a single 18650 battery or switch over to a DC power supply wall wart. I've only ever seen one of these.

THE "PLAN"
My plan was to have the an AC/DC adapter with a 2.1mm jack connected to a female jack inside the mod. From the female jack, the wires would connect to a DPDT switch. Inside the mod I'd have a single 18650 battery tray connected to that same DPDT switch and the two center pins on the switch would connect to the positive and negative ends of an lm2596 (to regulate the voltage to the atomizer). From the lm2596 I would connect the ground wire to the base of a 510 connector and the positive through a momentary push button switch and then to the center pin on the 510 connector to complete the circuit. (I'D LOVE TO ADD A PICTURE OF THE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM BUT I DONT KBOW HOW TO ADD PICTURES)

Issue is I don't know a whole lot about electric components to know exactly what to buy and what amps, voltage, and wattage I will need to vape .8-2ohm coils.

What I need to know:
-would this setup work?
-what amperage would I need from a wall wart to get a good vape at .8 to 2 ohms
-would a 9-12V wall wart supply enough voltage?
-would it be powerful enough to vape anything?
-where can I get a DPDT switch that can handle the necessary load (I don't know how much voltage or current I need)

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread