Help. Can I use this a sweetener? DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukascz

Mar 17, 2020
It's pretty hard to find any Capella or TPA sweetener where I from... so I've been searching and this is the most close thing to a "sweetener" for my recipes:

I will compare the components of my local "sweetener" vs "TFA super sweet"

TPA SUPER SWEETENER
COMPONENT ----------------------- Range
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOCAL SWEETENER
COMPONENT ---------------------- Range
So yeah, any experts here? Can I vape this? Will I die?...

""Bro, W'TF is Saccharin sodium?"" -> Saccharin - Wikipedia
In a release in December 2010, the EPA stated that saccharin is no longer considered a potential hazard to human health
idk, it seems safe to me.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
I would NOT use saccharin.
Personally it tastes of metal and chemicals. I can't imagine how it would taste in a vape.
Keep searching for one of the big 3 sweeteners. Sucralose, EM, Erythritol.

Spend a bit of time here: Sweetening and additives | E-Cigarette Forum

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

lukascz

Mar 17, 2020
Hi and welcome,
I would NOT use saccharin.
Personally it tastes of metal and chemicals. I can't imagine how it would taste in a vape.
Keep searching for one of the big 3 sweeteners. Sucralose, EM, Erythritol.

Spend a bit of time here: Sweetening and additives | E-Cigarette Forum

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Thanks, I'm from Bolivia and its pretty hard to find any of the aromas that DIYers uses.
My last purchase of TPAs were from a trip I made to Argentina, sadly the store run out of sweeteners.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks, I'm from Bolivia and its pretty hard to find any of the aromas that DIYers uses.
    My last purchase of TPAs were from a trip I made to Argentina, sadly the store run out of sweeteners.

Are you able to order online from Chefs Flavours UK?
    Chefs Flavours LTD

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Besides that I hate Saccharin (it was popular years ago... yuck!) that sweetener is mostly water... nothing wrong with that but it will thin your juice (you would have to mix more VG to compensate I think) "Splenda" (yellow packets) is mostly Sucralose but also has Dextrose (natural) which is great but could clog your coils. Do you use a tank with "drop-in" coils or a rebuildable where you mount your own coils?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Sucralose is kind of the go to besides ethyl maltol which can mute flavors if used too much.

Saccharine.+ have a fondness for the taste, but I was a kid when my mother was drinking, what was it, TAB?: There isn't anything inherently bad about it really I mean I think the rats got cancer when they were consuming their body weight daily.

There are a bunch of alcohol based ones, probably I wouldn't go there. I think Equal is supposed to be bad for some highly debatable and arguable reason, nerve damage or something. Who knows.

I have heard tales of those who have created their own super sweet by suspending sucralose in PG or some other liquid thing but please don't quote me as I can barely remember and don't know how to do it. If you are desperate you could do a search as I vaguely remember a thread (one at least) about it.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread