Help me help a friend, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
United States
Warning up front, this is probably gonna be a long winded ramble.

Ok my friend Rog really wants to quit smoking, he's been a PaD smoker for 20+ years like me, and also is asthmatic, one of the main reasons he wants to quit. He's already tried patches and gum and shear will power none of which has worked for him.

I let him try my V2 and although he's really keen on the idea, it causes him serious coughing fits every time he hits it. At the time I was using pre-filled cartos with a 50/50 PG/VG mix. They're ok for me but a little too much TH for him I guess or maybe its the asthma.

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a setup he could vape that wouldn't cause him to hack up a lung with every draw. Looking for something simple in an 808 or maybe a 510 setup, and recommendations on a juice mix. Not worried about flavors at this time I'll let him sort that out, just trying to see if there is a PG/VG blend that wouldn't be so irritating to him.

Maybe also something in a VV battery, is there such a thing for smaller scale vaping? I may be able to talk him into an EGO but I really think he'd be more interested in an 808 or at most a 510 rig.

Ok thanks in advance for any helpful hints tips or advice you all may have.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Agreed. If he has only tried your setup for a couple few drags chances are he is sucking it right down into his lungs the same as he does when smoking. That sends any new vaper into coughing fits and isn't proper vaping technique in the long run. Try your setup with him again, but instruct him to "smoke" it like a cigar instead. (Most smokers get that.) A "suck" of vapor into the mouth and to the back of the thoat and no further.

Some people do find PG to be harsh, but I'm betting the bigger problem here is he was lung vaping.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Try 100vg. It's got much less TH IMO. Pick a flavor he likes and order three samples. 12,18 and 24mg all in 100% VG. Fill a cig-a-like like the volt and see how he handles it. If the 12mg is still to much order 6mg. If that's still to much he's probably done with vaping. You could try making the draw looser. More air in the draw should pad it down. That's about as light as you can make vaping as far as I know.

Last edited:

Silverlock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
United States
Thanks for the feedback guys, I did just order some lower nic liquids for myself I'll let him try those along with your suggestions about vape technique, I really hope I can help him kick the analog habit. I also just ordered a Ego twist, maybe playing with voltage will help, but like I said, not sure I could convince him to jump right in with an Ego instead of a cig-a-like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread