Help me take my vape to the next level - please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor11

Jan 31, 2013
UK
Okay, so I'm using a standard ego battery with the evods at the moment, and they're fine. Just fine.

I feel likei want to take my vape to the next level and there's so much out there I'm not sure what to buy!

I'm in the UK and not looking to spend over £80.. Vape budget -.-

I've been looking at the vamo or the dial a volt (I love the idea of hands free valing) tabs maybe a Kanger pro tank or vivi nova? The biggest thing for me vaping is flavour, so juice recommendations are also very welcome!

Thanks for any help!

Connor

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
For flavor, a dripping atomizer would be hard to beat. A lot of people feel dripping is a PITA but its one of the best for flavor. The HH 357s in particular are very good.

The Vamos work well but for a more basic variable voltage, the Twists will do fine. Also, check out the Spinners: just like the Twists but slightly more stable when setting it down and easier to see the voltage adjustments.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are many people of the opinion that a cartotank will provide a moderately higher flavor production than a clearomizer can. I have found this to be true in most instances myself. Of course, others will debate that they have tried cartomizers and cartotanks and prefer the flavor from clearos. Your mileage may vary.

After using primarily cartotanks for nearly a year almost exclusively (occassionally dabbling into clearos), I've recently gotten into RBAs and atomizers on a bottom feeding mod. I wouldn't suggest an RBA for anyone until they have more experience vaping and they have done the appropriate self education to use one.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4454-7-advice-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html

But a drip atomizer uses no filler or wick material to potentially adulterate the flavor of e-liquids, just juice heated directly on the atomizer. Having no wick material necessitates using only a few drops of liquid at a time, and needing to add more after several vapes. Not convenient to do in some circumstances.

However, with a bottom feeding mod you get the full flavor of a dripping atomizer with the convenience of a tank. The bottom feeder has a built-in soft-walled juice tank enclosed within the mod itself. A window to the tank is exposed to feed juice into an upper drip well. A primer puff on the atty feeds the atomizer from the drip well. Take a few vapes, squeeze some more juice into the drip well, primer puff, vape. A bottom feeder mod may be what you are really looking for. Check out the Vapage V-mods or the Reo from Reomods.

Vampage.jpg

Last edited:

MikeJA

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
California
Maybe try a clone (chinese made) mech mod/rba combo? I think you can get a combo like that in your budget. I haven't tried one of the clones myself, but I've heard good things about them here.

Once I went to a mechanical/rba setup, all my other devices are backups...including three provaris. There's just some intangible quality of the combo, for me at least, that takes vaping to another level.

connor11

Jan 31, 2013
UK
In all honesty I'm very new to vaping and have been using this setup a while.. I'm still not sure what the differences are from clearos to cartos to cartotanks and wouldn't know where to start with dropping and rbas!

Thanks everyone. I want something that I can just fill and vape, long and hard while I'm sat around the house that will give awesome flavour.. If that helps!!

Also, any juice manufacturers that are particularly good?

Cheers!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
In all honesty I'm very new to vaping and have been using this setup a while.. I'm still not sure what the differences are from clearos to cartos to cartotanks and wouldn't know where to start with dropping and rbas!

Thanks everyone. I want something that I can just fill and vape, long and hard while I'm sat around the house that will give awesome flavour.. If that helps!!

Also, any juice manufacturers that are particularly good?

Cheers!
Here's a picture dictionary guide to the more common juice delivery devices for new vapors. It includes video demonstrations of each category.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Based on your vaping expectations, I really believe you should consider the bottom feeder mods. Seems they were designed right up your alley.

I'm not familiar with the juice vendors in the UK, so I will defer to the other UK members for suggestions on vendors.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I prefer REOS mods, but they might be a little more than you stated you were willing to spend. A Vamo would also give your a similar bottom-feed type mod, and I think I've seen Phoenix RBA's for about $10 US which would be less than the $43 REOS RM2. An RBA takes a little getting used to but by trying different coil/ wick configurations you can get the right vaping experience you would seek. Just my :2c:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
conner11 said:

I prefer REOS mods, but they might be a little more than you stated you were willing to spend. A Vamo would also give your a similar bottom-feed type mod, and I think I've seen Phoenix RBA's for about $10 US which would be less than the $43 REOS RM2. An RBA takes a little getting used to but by trying different coil/ wick configurations you can get the right vaping experience you would seek. Just my :2c:
Based on what the OP stated he wanted - K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid), I would in no way recommend an RBA for him or her. Too complex and time consuming for them.

You can't get much easier or simpler than a bottom feeding mod. The VMod is listed at $85, but they frequently have holiday sales (it is the 4th of the July) with huge savings from a coupon code. I only paid $60 for mine. If interested, I can find out if there is a unadvertised sale going on. http://www.vapage.com/V_MOD_s/173.htm#

Another video review on the VMod: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbofW4x5kS4

Last edited:

Tmcclure85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Canton,ga
I'm a big fan of mt baker vapors. Also high desert capes has a few flavors that I really enjoy. The vamo is my next purchase. I am running a kanger or nova on a ego c twist 1100mah vvand like yourself I'm ready to expand my horizons ( within a tight budget). I'm only 2 weeks into it but I've been expanding by leaps and bounds.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Based on what the OP stated he wanted - K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple, stupid), I would in no way recommend an RBA for him or her. Too complex and time consuming for them.

I felt the same way about RBA's....until I bought one. Now I have four, takes me about five minutes to build a coil/wick (at a cost of about 15 cents) and they last one to two weeks. RBA's are all I use now, and they're not so complicated. Just do an ohm check before you fire one in a mechanical mod. There are little old ladies on the REOS forum who say "IF I can do it, anyone can!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread