Help modding 901 USB pass through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypwyr

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Boise, Idaho
Hey all, hoping you guys and gals could give me some ideas here:

I picked up 901 and 510 pass throughs from rockymountainvapor a few weeks ago. The 901 registers 5 volts at the atty. I'm assuming the 510 (which has an inline battery) runs at 3.7v.

I am working on creating a set of modular adapters using Warp's method. (Thanks Warp!). The idea here is to be able to use the 5v adapter when I have a power source, and use the 3.7v adapter when I'm on the go. With the modular setup I will be able to use either atty, and more as my collection grows.

At this point I have the 510 connector hacked out of the PT, but I want to be very careful with the 901 connector. Any idea how I can get the connector out without sacrificing the entire unit?

As for the entire project, opinions? Does my thinking add up? Keep in mind, I know there are better ways to do something like this with better parts and completely homemade mods, but I am on a limited budget and need to use what I have on hand right now.

Thanks for any feedback you guys can offer!

Tryp

Trypwyr

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Boise, Idaho
Yup Warp, you nailed it... wiggled the atty a bit and it slid right out. Helluva lot easier than the 510, that took the pipe cutter and a dremel!

I ended up killing my poor 901 passthrough. The wires are simply too dang small and fragile for my hands. I did get the connector out tho. Now I have a nice little modular set for the 510 and 901! Even put together my first flashlight mod. USB powered, not battery, and quite ungainly (2xAA sized flashlight), but it was fun to make!

Thanks all!

Tryp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread