Help. My 100% VG juice is almost tasteless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnceUponaDream

Jul 14, 2012
World
I had a bad breakout with juices containing PG. And so a couple of days ago I swtiched to 100% VG.

I'm using a ego CE4 clearomizer.

But I'm having a problem... my 100% VG juice is almost tasteless!

I've tried the menthol flavour. It feels like I'm just inhaling cool air. No mint or sweet taste. Really yucky.

Then I tried the RY4 flavour. Also tasteless as compared to the PG/VG mix.

Some people say because the wick can't soak up the thick VG juice. However if that's the case, then why am I having thick vapor?

This tasteless issue is really frustrating. Anyone have any advise please kindly share. Thank you.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
VG creates more vapor and PG gives more flavor and throat hit...

What's the difference between PG eliquid, VG e-liquid, PG/VG Mix?

Vegetable Glycerin (VG) e-liquid is a thick, a little sweet liquid. VG e-liquid produces luscious clouds of vapor. VG e-liquid also imparts a sweeter taste to your liquid.

Propylene Glycol (PG) e-liquid is a much thinner liquid. PG e-liquid produces more of a “throat hit” than VG e-liquid does, which simulates the feel of smoking better. PG e-liquid also has a higher rate of sensitivity for some people, meaning that some people just can’t use PG in their vape.

PG e-liquid tends to give you a better throat hit and a lot more flavor. VG e-liquid on the other hand, allows your atomizer to produce a lot more vapor. Now, VG e-liquid is a thicker and more sticky fluid, and although most people do not show signs of allergy with VG, there are minority groups who complain about having phlegm buildup in their throats. The more VG e-liquid you use, the less of a throat hit you’re going to get – that’s the general idea.

60%/40% mix of VG and PG in your e-liquid can produce great vapor and more flavor. If you like, you can tend to use mix of both PG and VG in particular ratios, such as 70%VG/30%PG. This is the optimum ratio for most each uses as it provides a nice throw hit, good flavor as well as tons of vapor production.

Taken from: http://www.bestecig.com/help.asp?id=57

Last edited:

Nudzacysie

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
You might even have a case of vapors tongue and not know about it try switching back flavors and see if you can taste it because the same happened to me when I had vapers tongue

**edit**
I vape 100% vg juice as well and dont have much of a flavor issue because I know what im trading off and usually I still get good flavor might be coil setup too.......

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I believe mine are dry hits. It has thick vapor though. But just tasteless with a slightly burned plastic taste...

Is this consider dry hit?? The vapors are thick though.

If possible try one of the flavors you switched from just to see if you can still taste it.

The CE4 may be shot. Those things don't last forever. Do you have replacement coils?

If you can't taste your old juice you may have vapors tongue & it wouldn't make sense then to change your clearo at this time.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

SweetCloud

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
CT, United States
Flavor is not as strong in VG. I vape 100% VG and make my own juices. I use a higher % of flavor and thin the VG slightly with distilled water, all according to taste and vape experience. When ordering premixed juices, look for extra flavor shots. Also, keep in mind that your taste buds can be more or less sensitive day to day. I have had times when I can't taste my strongest liquids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread