Help needed regarding JOYE510 and the USB charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetorr

Jan 14, 2010
Phoenix
First time poster here so be gentle haha.

I ordered the $30 starter kit for the JOYE510 from Innovapor and was pleased to receive the product quickly and with all my items there.

My concern however is that the USB charger I got looks like the M4 one to me, not the JOYE510 charger with cord.

My charger looks like this: (OK... I guess I can't post images or links yet... So if you go to the Innovapor site and find the M4 USB charger, that's what I'm talking about, looks basically like a thumb-drive)

Now, is the M4 USB charger simply compatible with the JOYE510 and they decided to send me that one, or do I simply have the wrong charger?

I've had it plugged in with one of my two batteries for about 4 hours now and it's been the same story. Solid red light for a while, then rapid blinking red, solid red light for a while, then rapid blinking red, repeat over and over.

At this point, considering that I didn't get any form of documentation with the unit, I'm just really confused.

What I mainly want to know is 1) Is this a compatible and effective charger for my unit? and 2) Is the red light supposed to act this way/how long should it take to turn green?

I'm sorry for the rant, but I'm an extremely paranoid person. :p

Thank you.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
My 510 came with an AC charger so I have no idea if you have the right one. If your battery isn't charged after 4 hours, I'd say theres a problem. Did you try the other battery? My charger has a constant red light until it's fully charged, then it turns green. Takes about 2 hours to charge one battery.

Praetorr

Jan 14, 2010
Phoenix
My 510 came with an AC charger so I have no idea if you have the right one. If your battery isn't charged after 4 hours, I'd say theres a problem. Did you try the other battery? My charger has a constant red light until it's fully charged, then it turns green. Takes about 2 hours to charge one battery.

I haven't tried the other battery because if this is the wrong charger, I'd rather have one dead battery than two lol. And I could be wrong, but I think that USB doesn't offer nearly as much current as an AC wall socket, so that could explain why your charging seems to happen so fast. Most users here in regards to the USB charger seem to indicate 4 - 6 hours is typical. Thanks anyways, hopefully someone else will have some knowledge of this exact charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread