Help new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
I just bought the iKuun i80 and I'm having a problem. #1 it came with a pre-installed . 3ohm coil the device is reading it at . 23ohms & 2.78 volts ,is that normal? im only using it between 30-33 watts my 2nd question is when I fire my mod I'm getting alot of spit back ! How can I fix this issue ? It's anew coil, & I primed it before using & let it sit for almost 20 mins. Please help

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I just bought the iKuun i80 and I'm having a problem. #1 it came with a pre-installed . 3ohm coil the device is reading it at . 23ohms & 2.78 volts ,is that normal? im only using it between 30-33 watts my 2nd question is when I fire my mod I'm getting alot of spit back ! How can I fix this issue ? It's anew coil, & I primed it before using & let it sit for almost 20 mins. Please help
Hello.
Can you turn the watts/power down?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
You may have over primed the coil. Twist up the corner of a paper towel and put into the chimney, turn tank upside down for a moment. Should get enough juice out, turn up 1-2 watts and take several hits then adjust to taste.

Welcome to ECF.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You may have over primed the coil. Twist up the corner of a paper towel and put into the chimney, turn tank upside down for a moment. Should get enough juice out, turn up 1-2 watts and take several hits then adjust to taste.

Welcome to ECF.
Lettie, that never worked for me when its just spitting. Agreed you do have to get the extra ejuice out if its flooded, but if it is only spit back then the power needs to be reduced or it will pop and possibly burn your mouth.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes it has adjustable wattage it also has the option to do temp control, bypass & then temp control memory 1-3
Can you tell if its gurgling like a lot of juice is in there and its having trouble getting the vapor out(like sucking thru a straw)?

Or if it is only starting to spit and pop?

:)

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
Can you tell if its gurgling like a lot of juice is in there and its having trouble getting the vapor out(like sucking thru a straw)?

Or if it is only starting to spit and pop?

I don't think it's gurgling, I did take another 2-3 hits off it and haven't had any spit back into my mouth but I do hear popping when pulling from it

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I don't think it's gurgling, I did take another 2-3 hits off it and haven't had any spit back into my mouth but I do hear popping when pulling from it
You could try to turn it down just a little, a watt or two. That should smooth it out. Just because a range of watts is listed on the coil for use does not mean it is written in stone. Vape at the wattage that is most comfortable and good tasting to you. Play with the wattage to see how the juice can taste differently at different levels. This is known as finding your 'sweet spot'. If you are not enjoying the vape then most won't use it and it defeats the purpose of vaping. I just use the ohm's and coil ratings as a guide. I always start the power/watts lower than I normally use(this also helps to break in the coil) and then work it up from there until I find where its most enjoyable.

Let us know how it goes.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Lettie, that never worked for me when its just spitting. Agreed you do have to get the extra ejuice out if its flooded, but if it is only spit back then the power needs to be reduced or it will pop and possibly burn your mouth.
That has not been my experience every time.

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
You could try to turn it down just a little, a watt or two. That should smooth it out. Just because a range of watts is listed on the coil for use does not mean it is written in stone. Vape at the wattage that is most comfortable and good tasting to you. Play with the wattage to see how the juice can taste differently at different levels. This is known as finding your 'sweet spot'. If you are not enjoying the vape then most won't use it and it defeats the purpose of vaping. I just use the ohm's and coil ratings as a guide. I always start the power/watts lower than I normally use(this also helps to break in the coil) and then work it up from there until I find where its most enjoyable.

Let us know how it goes.

So if I'm using a .3ohm coil which it says for between 30-80 watts can I use that coil at 20 or 25 watts?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
30 to 80 watts is a bit of wide range. 30 to 50 is probably more realistic. But these are just suggestions and in the case of the higher wattage, the coils limit. But some companies (not all) tend to over rate their coils. You can vape at 20 to 25 watts with no problems at all if that is where you get the most enjoyment. Experiment, have fun!

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
So if I'm using a .3ohm coil which it says for between 30-80 watts can I use that coil at 20 or 25 watts?

You can go as low or high as you want, within reason. Too low no vapor and too high will be hot and bad flavor.

I have a RDA on my mod right now, .3 exactly and I"m at 60 watts. I move up and down all day. For me on my mod 46 is as low as I'd go it's 3.7v. As a DTL vaper, anything below 3.7v the vape is just too cool and too long to ramp up, but everyone is different and uses different atomizers.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes if it enjoyable to you and the vapor is enough for you. Have you tried it?

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You can go as low or high as you want, within reason. Too low no vapor and too high will be hot and bad flavor.

I have a RDA on my mod right now, .3 exactly and I"m at 60 watts. I move up and down all day. For me on my mod 46 is as low as I'd go it's 3.7v. As a DTL vaper, anything below 3.7v the vape is just too cool and too long to ramp up, but everyone is different and uses different atomizers.
Yea for DL. What is she is mtl?

Plus she is using way different gear than you. And stock coils. She may prefer a cooler vape....she hasn't said what her preference is.

Reactions: stols001

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
Yes if it enjoyable to you and the vapor is enough for you. Have you tried it?
I just tried it at 20 watts & at 30 watts and it's very hard for me to direct lung , I was using a little eco or ego mtl pen it had 2 small holes on it but I was pulling to DL Idk if the drip tip is too wide or if my E-liquid is to high in nicotine it's 12mg. I thought this device would be a better vape than what I was using

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I just tried it at 20 watts & at 30 watts and it's very hard for me to direct lung , I was using a little eco or ego mtl pen it had 2 small holes on it but I was pulling to DL Idk if the drip tip is too wide or if my E-liquid is to high in nicotine it's 12mg. I thought this device would be a better vape than what I was using

Wider drip tips should work better with DL than MTL. 12 mg/ml nicotine, on the other hand, is more common with MTL and might not be what you want for DL. What nicotine level were you using with your older device? DL generally ends up going through juice a lot faster than MTL, so to get the same amount of nicotine delivered to you, you need to lower the level of your juice if you switch.

Dannielle.c92

Sep 21, 2018
Nevada
Wider drip tips should work better with DL than MTL. 12 mg/ml nicotine, on the other hand, is more common with MTL and might not be what you want for DL. What nicotine level were you using with your older device? DL generally ends up going through juice a lot faster than MTL, so to get the same amount of nicotine delivered to you, you need to lower the level of your juice if you switch.

My little ego stick had 2 tiny holes, and I was using 70vg/30pg 12mg and it's the same liquid I'm using in my new DL mod device, I did just realize I was pulling very slowly from my new mod device and it was making me cough. I just tried pulling faster and didn't cough so I guess it's going to take me some time to get used to the huge difference in the airhole ventilation

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio

When starting out a coil I'm unsure about I start real low, but always end up working wattage up until it's pulling about 4.2 volts. Often I'm running more like 4.5 volts. DL low resistance.
For me, if my gear is spitting, higher wattage vaporizes more juice and keeps it from building up...

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
My little ego stick had 2 tiny holes, and I was using 70vg/30pg 12mg and it's the same liquid I'm using in my new DL mod device, I did just realize I was pulling very slowly from my new mod device and it was making me cough. I just tried pulling faster and didn't cough so I guess it's going to take me some time to get used to the huge difference in the airhole ventilation
Be careful with that amount if nic, 12 is high for direct lung, most go for 3mg in that type of setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread