Help Please - Can Anyone Tell Me What This Is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoking B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Middle of Nowhere, PA, USA
A friend of mine got this at a kiosk in a mall & it ended up just sitting in his drawer so he gave it to me.

PICT0926.jpg

PICT0924.jpg

Can someone please tell me what it is? There is nothing written on it & my friend threw the box & paperwork away that came with it. Is it an Ego or Ego style battery by any chance? Also the part that holds the fluid has crystals? built up on the sides I guess from sitting so long. Can this be cleaned out?

Sorry for the stupid questions but I am completely new to all this & still feeling overwhelmed. I'm basically trying to figure out if this thing can be brought back into service or if it is even worth fixing? Trying to get off the death sticks as soon as possible if I can :(

Thanks in advance for any info...

Jeremy

Rob0506

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Renton, WA
This is an Ego style battery. As for the topper, it looks like one of the old CE2 style clearomizers. You can try rinsing it out, but I find that atomizers that sit for too long get pretty clogged up. I would recommend hitting a local vape store and getting something newer. There has been a lot of innovation in this area in the last year and a half.

Altitude000

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Katy, Tx
If it were me, I would throw out the part that holds the liquid (clearomizer)... keep the battery .. and ask your buddy for the USB charger that might be in the drawer also. You can buy a charger separately, just be careful at the brick and mortar shops, I got ripped off from them when I was at my newest.

I use ego style batteries with EVOD cleromizers. They may be outdated, but I think they work fantastic! Even my little 650mAH puts out great satisfying vapor.

Attachments

• charger.jpg
    charger.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Anything you buy at a kiosk in the mall is going to be way overpriced. Try to find a real vape shop if possible, even then the prices will be higher than online but it will get you up and running. Or you can get something like this: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm and some juice and you could be off analogs by next week.

If you really want to get off analogs you will need backup equipment. This is a good starting point, then keep reading here and watching videos and it will all start making sense. The learning curve is quick.

Good luck!!

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
The clearo was once called a CE5 or maybe a vision 2.0. Upgrade from a CE4 but with replaceable head. Finding the correct replacement head would probably not be worth the effort. You can clean it a few times, but you will eventually need something newer.

The battery is likely a simple ego style...as long as you have the proper charger, you may be able to get it usable...who knows.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Thanks everyone! :) I have found several places to get the ce4 clearomizers - would that be all I need to get this thing working properly? I forgot to mention that I have the charger for it.

Things have come a long way since the ce4 clearomizer!

Look into getting a couple of Kanger EVOD clearomizers. They are cheap and one of the best performing "starter" tanks made.

An evod is reliable, simple and serviceable as well as inexpensive.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thanks everyone! :) I have found several places to get the ce4 clearomizers - would that be all I need to get this thing working properly? I forgot to mention that I have the charger for it.

Well that and some liquid of course.

You don't have to pick a CE4 clearo. It looks like a pretty standard eGo battery. Anything you see that says it has 510 or eGo/510 threading will fit onto the battery. For a beginner the Kanger bottom coil stuff like T3s, MT3s, EVOD or ProTank are simpler to use and easier to maintain than a CE4. With any of the plastic tanks - T3s, MT3s or EVOD you have to avoid certain flavors that react to the plastic in the tank. (That would include the CE4's.) A ProTank costs more, but because the tank is glass it eliminates any concern about certain flavors breaking down a plastic tank.

Take a look at Sun-Vapers.com to see what your options are in the Kanger lineup. Don't forget you will need to order extra replacement coils for whatever model you pick.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia

If you want that style of tank get a ce5 instead of ce4. There's a world of improvement with the 5. The ce4 is basically a disposable, can't be rebuilt once the coil eventually wears out, but the ce5s are usually able to be rebuilt at a lower cost than a new clearomizer. The ce4 usually only has 2 wicks (and single coil), making getting the best flavor without a burnt taste added a chore whereas the ce5 usually has 4 wicks (and 2 coils) that make it easier to get a better experience without having to constantly make sure the tank is stored just right, twisted and fiddled with constantly and not inhaled too quickly. For top feed (where the coil is located and where you fill) I prefer the iclear ce5. Nice tastes, nice vapor output, easy to clean, easy to fill, easy to change things as needed, low price.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

Smoking B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Middle of Nowhere, PA, USA
Wow - it's good to know I have a lot of options but now I'm back to square one with not knowing what I should get :confused: Hopefully I can make sense of this myriad of parts & pieces out there & figure out what to do :unsure: There is a ton of info to try & digest all at once & decide what I should do (fix up this device, try to get something else, etc...)

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful posts - much appreciated!

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Wow - it's good to know I have a lot of options but now I'm back to square one with not knowing what I should get :confused: Hopefully I can make sense of this myriad of parts & pieces out there & figure out what to do :unsure: There is a ton of info to try & digest all at once & decide what I should do (fix up this device, try to get something else, etc...)

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful posts - much appreciated!

It depends on how long term serious you are. If you're just trying things out to see if maybe it'll help you quit smoking an evod starter kit will be a good place to start looking at. If you keep at it, then start customizing to your liking as you learn more about equipment. A good starter tank (clearomizer) and a variable voltage battery will probably suffice. What juices you use will probably make more difference in long term success than your tank, especially if you don't settle for a super cheap tank to start with.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
NoteToo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread