Help w/ nic level being too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

svg1234

Mar 7, 2014
Montreal
Here's my story...

Been vaping for a few months only. Having a great time. Went from those damn iclear 16's to Rebuilding IGO-S and mini PT@ w/ organic cotton. Excellent.

The first juices I ordered when I started were 12mg nicotine. Too strong.
Then I ordered 6mg from another vendor, and it seemed ok, but a bit on the weak side.
Next I ordered 9mg from that same vendor. Seemed pretty good.
But a week ago I ordered more expensive juices from a different vendor (because I really do need to ind better Canadian sources for juice) and I only had the choice of 12mg or 6mg, so I went with the 6mg. Well, the juices taste fine, but they are just too weak in terms of throat hit and nicotine level. They are mainly 50/50 while the others I had gotten used to vaping were in the 60/40 - 70/30 range. What to do?

I know I could order a stronger (e.g. 12mg) of the same juices and mix them to get to 9mg. But it already cost quite a bit (damn shipping charges in Canada) and I really didn't want to spend that much to just get twice as much of the same flavours. The vendor I bought the recent juice from doesn't have pure nic.

So...is my best move finding nic and adding it to the existing juices? If so, where can I get it, how much do I need, etc., etc.

What's my move? Thanks. Because I've started mixing other higher-nic flavours w/ teh new juice just to increase teh TH and nic hit, but it ruins the flavours (some of which are already mixed).

svg1234

Mar 7, 2014
Montreal
Halo sells their flavorless nic base called Fusion.

Fusion E-Liquid | Halo Cigs

Thanks. But unfortunately I need a Canadian supplier. I'll see if any the (awful) local shops have any pure nic.

After giving it some more thought, I think it might be the higher VG (50/50) that is making it too smooth for my liking? Either that - or I got ripped off on the nic! lol. I've had other 6mg's that were fine in terms of TH but now I realize that those juices had more PG.

I'm actually missing the TH more than the nic. It just feels like I'm vaping flavoured air.

What I was really looking for - and it probably is not possible - was a way to increase the TH with this last batch of juices without having to add more nic. Thought that maybe the vaping gurus here might have a trick to increase the TH.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Thanks. But unfortunately I need a Canadian supplier. I'll see if any the (awful) local shops have any pure nic.

After giving it some more thought, I think it might be the higher VG (50/50) that is making it too smooth for my liking? Either that - or I got ripped off on the nic! lol. I've had other 6mg's that were fine in terms of TH but now I realize that those juices had more PG.

I'm actually missing the TH more than the nic. It just feels like I'm vaping flavoured air.

What I was really looking for - and it probably is not possible - was a way to increase the TH with this last batch of juices without having to add more nic. Thought that maybe the vaping gurus here might have a trick to increase the TH.

My own experience is that the PG/VG affects throat hit more than the nicotine does. I use about 80PG/20VG (or even more PG) for that reason, since I vape 8 or 9 mg in the daytime, and 6mg at night, and I want max throat hit. Also VG is too heavy for my lungs, and too sweet.

Andria

svg1234

Mar 7, 2014
Montreal
Thanks to all for the good advice. Very helpful.

I think I just found a temporary solution (for this particular batch of juice). I've been vaping around the 2.1 ohms range, app. 7.5 watts, using 32g or 30g. I fired up my coilcalc spreadsheet (which I uploaded to ECF in both excel and OO format in case any of you are interested) to see if there were other possibilities (given the small size of the IGO-S and the specs of the itaste v3 battery). I then rebuilt my IGO-S using 28g, about 11 wraps, on a 5/64" (I usually use a smaller mandrel), microcoil (contact), which ended up at about 1.6 ohms resistance. The result? HELLO mama! My head is spinning as I am typing this. lol. What a difference. The flavour isn't as good but that's an acceptable trade-off. Next time I order juice, I'll go w/ 9mg and/or higher PG content. Lesson learned.

I already knew that higher wattage gave more TH and nic impact, but I couldn't increase the wattage on the coils I was using because I would get dry or burnt-tasting hits. But this baby is giving plenty of TH and nic hit with no burnt/dry hit taste at all. I guess it's because of the greater amount of surface contacting the wick/juice and/or the greater heat generated by the 28g MC (versus a 30 or 32 MC)? Not sure. Wattage is wattage. I remember reading a post somewhere on ECF emphatically stating that wattage is NOT the key. Now I see why he said that. Surface area and/or heat made the difference in this case (not power).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Look at the flavor art main web site for details but you can get it here. I have not tried it.. Flash e-Liquid by FlavourArt - ecigExpress

Very cool! I already had a bunch of stuff on my wishlist at that site, but don't think I had seen this Flash; so it can be added to a pre-made e-juice, for more throat hit... amazing! I'm a bit limited on options myself, since I can't really vape anything over 9mg for very long, or it makes me sick, and already using very high % of PG... but I loooooooooooves that throat hit! so I've been using a pretty high setting on my vv3, and burning thru coils like nobody's business because of it. This might give me a way to get my coils to last longer! :D

Thx!!
Andria

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
Thanks. But unfortunately I need a Canadian supplier.
You don't. Just use shipito.com
You can subsribe for free and get a US address. Then order a 120ml 100mg bottle at wizardlabs.us and have it sent to that address using free delivery.
Shipito then ships it to your Canada home address using very good shipping prices and their fee is just $1 per package. Total for shipping plus fee would probably be something like $5 for the cheapest shipping option.

svg1234

Mar 7, 2014
Montreal
You can subsribe for free and get a US address. Then order a 120ml 100mg bottle at wizardlabs.us and have it sent to that address using free delivery.
Shipito then ships it to your Canada home address using very good shipping prices and their fee is just $1 per package. Total for shipping plus fee would probably be something like $5 for the cheapest shipping option.

I had checked out shipito.com some time ago and there was a reason I didn't use them. Can't remember why. I'll look into them again. Thank you.
I order things all the time from the USA, but it really depends on the reseller as to whether or not they have their ship-to-Canada act together or not. If they use anyone but USPS I will not order from them because carriers like UPS charge ridiculous customs brokerage fees. It is quite the scam. There are some US sites that are wonderful in shipping here - others charge quite a lot and refuse to send via USPS (because of tracking issues).

All that having been said, the main reason that I was looking for a Canadian supplier was because I am under the impression that it is illegal to ship nicotine across the border. Is that incorrect? I've ordered from a few different Canadian suppliers (and might try some in a previous post in this thread). They've all been ok. But the one I got the juice from didn't have any pure nic.

Anyway, I'm just going to let it go and use that 28g MC to increase the TH. Plus, I'll mix a bit of them with other juices that have higher nic. e.g. I don't mind mixing a tobacco w/ a bit of menthol tobacco. I don't like the menthol as a pure vape, but adding a hint of it to the others gives it a nice refreshing taste for the occasional vape.

This particular vendor that I bought the last batch from uses a VG that has a stronger taste than the others I have bought so far. Each of the juices has a similar distinct taste that must be the VG. It's not bad at all. Just too sweet and "smooth" for my liking. It blends better w/ some flavours versus others. Bear in mind I've only been at this for 3 months, so my data pool is limited. At this point, I'm far less focused on the h/w and would like to focus on finding better juice. Not an easy task since the vendors each have such different flavours even w/ the same name. Worse, you can order teh same juice from the same vendor multiple times and each batch doesn't taste the same. Seems pretty random.

svg1234

Mar 7, 2014
Montreal
Why don't you buy the 12mg and cut it down to 9mg. Mix up a batch of 50%PG/50%VG. Pour your juice into a bigger bottle and add 1/3 of that amount of the mixed PG/VG mix. So if you had 15ml of 12% juice, add 5ml of the 50PG/50VG mix to the bottle. Voila, 20ml of 9mg juice.

Thanks. Yes, I knew I could do that. The reason I won't is because a) I don't vape all that much and b) I bought 30 ml's for the first time. (Previously all my juices were 10ml's. Just trying to find my way). So I don't want 60ml of those juices. Just too much of the same juice. I probably vape about 1/5th of the average vaper here. So it can take me five times as long to go through the same amount of juice.

Lesson learned. I'm managing ok. It's really not that big of a deal. The 28g MC is doing a fine job of turbo-boosting the juice. I wrote the original post because I thought that maybe there was a "trick" to bring out the nic/TH (like microwaving the juice or high-heating it). Guess not.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thanks. Yes, I knew I could do that. The reason I won't is because a) I don't vape all that much and b) I bought 30 ml's for the first time. (Previously all my juices were 10ml's. Just trying to find my way). So I don't want 60ml of those juices. Just too much of the same juice. I probably vape about 1/5th of the average vaper here. So it can take me five times as long to go through the same amount of juice.

Lesson learned. I'm managing ok. It's really not that big of a deal. The 28g MC is doing a fine job of turbo-boosting the juice. I wrote the original post because I thought that maybe there was a "trick" to bring out the nic/TH (like microwaving the juice or high-heating it). Guess not.

I'm going to try out that "Flash" stuff, see if I can't get an even better TH from this Virginia. Also -- I find that after I eat some little something, then take a hit, I can really feel that tingle. It doesn't have to be much, either, just some type of edible something, and I think something salty does it better than something sweet. It might be because there is still salt in your mouth, and salt is a flavor enhancer. I dunno, but if I'm about to eat a full meal, I take the precaution beforehand of turning my wattage down by 2 full watts, so I can boost it again later.

Andria

svg1234

Mar 7, 2014
Montreal

FWIW, I looked into shipito. The shipping rates are just too high to justify using their service. You could do better by just having them ship it directly to Canada. I suppose if you absolutely needed a product that you couldn't find here, and the seller didn't ship to Canada at all, and you didn't care about price so much, then it could come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread