Help with batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
I have never opened one up without destroying it:(. The wires inside are tiny and break extremely easily. They glue the brass fitting into it, so you can get it out of there gently.

My dismantling a battery is like trying to see how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop. One, two, three, crunch:evil:. I get the modding bug, and off I go destroying it.

opusMorian

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Houston, TX
I didn't know where to post this question but as modders here are best with what i need to ask...

How can i open up a ecig battery to clean it. I overflooded the battery and was thinking if this battery was made then i can open it up and clean it. Any suggestions anyone?

Look at the first part of this guide:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/11375-diy-dse-901-usb-pass-through-guide.html

That is to take the brass screw fitting off the battery. Now to open up the air sensor is another story. One you open it up these tiny plates get sort of bent and its hard to get it into the right position again. I have not had much luck with repairing a air sensor. Its just too damn fragile.

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
i flooded my battery 2-3 days ago, switch stopped working worth a darn, etc.

as i have not found a way to open the battery on mine without destroying it, i did what i eventually do with all malfunctioning electronics as a first step.

deionized water
bio-clean (stanbio.com reference number 0602-380)
ultrasonic cleaner
oven

the deionized water is use is from stanbio labs as well, it is particle filtered, uv sterilized, and reverse osmosis filtered to 18.5-19 M-ohm resistance.

remove the plastic led diffuser from the battery so water can get in both sides.

so basically i mix up 1 gallon of water with about 5-10ml of bio-clean, run it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 5 mins, then dump the water and pour some of the unused solution over the battery. refill the ultrasonic cleanser with the di water solution, toss the battery back in, and run it for 2 hours.

after that, shake the water out as much as possible, set your oven for 180, and stand the battery up in the oven for 60-90 minutes.

seeing as how many people won't have access to some of the stuff, my original way of doing it was. soak the part in distilled water for 24 hours, agitating occasionally. flush the part with a gallon or so of distilled water. set in direct sunlight for a day, then use a blow dryer for an hour or so to drive out any moisture that didn't make it out during the sunlight phase.

it works for me, i don't make any claims it will work for you, but maybe it will prove useful.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I tried to take apart a battery to what was going on in there and it started smoking and popping and I had to quickly run to the bathroom and toss it in the toilet. It was insane!

There's a large amount of energy stored in those batteries. When it's released slowly all is fine, but if it's released suddenly ... well, another word for a device which releases a large amount of energy in a small period of time is "bomb".

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
heh minibomb, like a dell laptop, only less fire.. thats the main reason i use water with a very high resistance when cleaning thing like batteries, caps, etc.

on a side note, i think tonight or tomorrow i will be grabbing a switch and modding this one to work with a ur-110 battery. i dont feel like having to clean the battery again the next time the switch decides to start giving up the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread