help with first mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I would like to try to make my first mod. I am looking to make a 3-6+ volt mod with volt and if possible ohm display I plan to do 2 18650 in series or 4 with 2 series paralleled( if I'm saying that correctly). I have never dealt with boards and resisters before so this is completely new to me. are there any good guides I can be referred to and parts recommendations? currently trying to get through the LM2596 thread but it is long.

I think so far the thing that is most confusing me is resistors. if I understand correctly they help to bring the boards output to within desired volt levels? can someone explain this part to an idiot. I'm sure theres a level of safety I need to account for so I don't allow voltages that can destroy my batteries? I'm familiar with ohms law n such from coil building so I'm not dumb enough to build a .3 ohm and fire it at 6+ volts.

I think I'd be more satisfied trying to build one this way than to cop out and by something like a dna20. not that I don't plan to do that eventually lol but its a pretty expensive board to mess up.

also there seems to be many LM2596 variations. what would be the best for what I want or does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread