Help with my build please - Dual coil Igo-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA
My coil leads are too loose. Do you guys use the holes or wrap up top on the screw heads?

I cant get my coils to touch. New tools may help. I'm using some damn gator grips.

I'm using 30 gauge. Should I get some different gauge wire?

Should I use extra cotton besides the two wicks?

It's ugly but believe it or not my coils are getting better. .8 Ohms with 30 gauge.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I always use the post holes, and I use a small set of tweezers to compress coils.

You only need a small amount of pressure, otherwise the coils can turn out like yours look. Mount the coils, fire them until they turn red, then use gentle pressure with the tweezers to compress them as the coil cools. Don't try to compress it completely all in one go, use several cycles of heating then compressing with gentle pressure. Usually it takes me 3-5 cycles to fully and evenly compress a coil.

1stimer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Pasadena, CA
Thanks. Snugging up the coil closer to the posts, getting a good set of tweezers, and your suggestions worked well, but switching to 28g wire really helped as well.

I've been practicing and have got my kayfun 3.1 and my origen v.2 down pretty well now. The Igo has been relegated to backup status.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread