Help with my english assignment please

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejayzee

Nov 17, 2017
Hey guys, my names Jeffrey. I'm attending a English course and was assigned to write about a controversial topic. I chose to write about "how E-cigs can benefit tobacco smokers". This part part of the course has me assigned to conduct a interview regarding my question. I would appreciate any volunteers who were previously a tobacco smoker and then made the switch to E-cigs help me conduct the interview. I have not composed my questions but i can pm them to you or i can just list them and have the community answer and i can work with that. I'd really like to add additional details to my paper pertaining to emotional feelings when answer the questions. It helps me to at least reach the minimum required words for my paper when i have as much detail as possible.

Some of the questions off the top of my head would be.

How has vaping effected your health? cardiovascular, breathing, ability to taste smell.
Estimated cost savings by switching to vaping
family friend relations having quit tobacco
reasons for making the switch

My final revision isn't due till 23 Nov but i do have a peer review on the 21st so i'd like to have a rough draft at least. Anyways, thanks for reading my introductory post. Even though I'm new here I have been vaping since 2010. Got my first starter kit from lib-flights, don't know if they're still in business tho. No affiliation. I have not noticed any negative health effects since then. Whatever you guys can add would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Letitia

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys, my names Jeffrey. I'm attending a English course and was assigned to write about a controversial topic. I chose to write about "how E-cigs can benefit tobacco smokers". This part part of the course has me assigned to conduct a interview regarding my question. I would appreciate any volunteers who were previously a tobacco smoker and then made the switch to E-cigs help me conduct the interview. I have not composed my questions but i can pm them to you or i can just list them and have the community answer and i can work with that. I'd really like to add additional details to my paper pertaining to emotional feelings when answer the questions. It helps me to at least reach the minimum required words for my paper when i have as much detail as possible.

Some of the questions off the top of my head would be.

How has vaping effected your health? cardiovascular, breathing, ability to taste smell.
family friend relations having quit tobacco
reasons for making the switch

My final revision isn't due till 23 Nov but i do have a peer review on the 21st so i'd like to have a rough draft at least. Anyways, thanks for reading my introductory post. Even though I'm new here I have been vaping since 2010. Got my first starter kit from lib-flights, don't know if they're still in business tho. No affiliation. I have not noticed any negative health effects since then. Whatever you guys can add would be greatly appreciated!
hi Jeff,
Change your name to George and conduct the interview upon yourself.
It's English class. 10% cow, 90% bull.
The content is less important than the organization and presentation.
Don't over complicate a relatively easy assignment.
The instructor will not care to check your references, so if they sound credible, you should be fine.
Pull some statistics about smoking and some about vaping, compare and contrast a few, peppered with some anecdotal "evidence". Draw reasonable conclusions supported by the content of the paper and finish with a summary of your content.

cheers
I

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Hey Jeff,

I'll give it a run and leave some PDF's attached to you have some backup information.

How has vaping effected your health?

More energy, I wake up in the morning feeling good, my lungs are filled with crap and I don't cough anymore. I used to get winded easy and that pretty much is over. My taste and smell have become much improved which is a positive and a negative. Some folks need to focus a little better on personal hygiene.

I quit in Dec 2011 and smoked about 1.5 packs a day. That is around $5,400 a year. By the time you hand in your paper I would have spent $ 32,850.00 on smokes. I mix my own liquids and collect mods and tanks so my savings could be better but I've spent an estimated $4,000 during the same time period. I've saved an estimated $28,850.00.

Reasons for making the switch

After doing the research it appeared to be safer, I switched for health reasons. I had tried many other products including Chantix and all were a bust, and chantix was the worst, completely messed with my head, I only gave it a week and flushed the balance.

After the fact I am glad because I know I smelled like crap.

I was coughing when I went to sleep, all the time. That problem has completely gone away. I started at 18mg nic and I am down to 3mg and sometimes just vape 0. One of the side effects was I lost weight, I loved snacks! The flavors I vaped offset that desire, now I vape cookies and pie... a little peppermint ice cream and it kills the cravings.

Attachments

• Is Vaping Worse Than Smoking.pdf
    217.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Chantix side effects.pdf
    331.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Doctors Back Vaping In Battle With FDA.pdf
    374.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Chantix side effects.pdf
    331.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Is Vaping Worse Than Smoking.pdf
    217.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Consistent e-cigarette use does help smokers quit.pdf
    223.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Quit rates and vaping.pdf
    371.8 KB · Views: 1

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I'll undercut that and be happy with just the Yellow Zonkers.

(did I really type that??:cry:)

Hold on, I'll do it for $50 and a Yellow Battlestar.

What are screaming yellow zonkers... do we need them in the UK?

Are they 80% air? I only ask I fear they might be. 80% air, 19% lemon and some ethyl maltol?

Reactions: stols001

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
hi Jeff,
Change your name to George and conduct the interview upon yourself.
It's English class. 10% cow, 90% bull.
The content is less important than the organization and presentation.
Don't over complicate a relatively easy assignment.
The instructor will not care to check your references, so if they sound credible, you should be fine.
Pull some statistics about smoking and some about vaping, compare and contrast a few, peppered with some anecdotal "evidence". Draw reasonable conclusions supported by the content of the paper and finish with a summary of your content.

cheers
I
Absolutely love this. I'd give a good star if it were available.

bluejayzee

Nov 17, 2017
Hey all, thanks for the advice. Sorry for the late reply. I feel bad and should have replied sooner. Izan, I appreciate you making me feel calmer about my assignment. Marc411, thank you truly for taking the time to write an informative post. It's the type of post i was hoping i'd receive by making this thread. Btw the assignment is actually due next tues. I don't know why i thought it was due on thanksgiving. BTW hope you all had a great turkey day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread