Help with my Health E-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliynd

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Plattsburgh, NY
I bought this Health E-Cigarette at a local headshop for WAY too much, but I didnt want to wait for an online order.....
dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11211
that is the e-cig I ordered, the only thing different is the atomizer... mine dosent have the white around it... and mine was 60 bucks with a no return policy....
So.... long story short... I bought this whipped it out of the box, threw it together and sucked it like there was gold at the other end........ IT LIT UP!!! but no vape.... so my wife says.... you gotta read the directions.... and it says to charger for 5 hours before first use... so I get home, throw the battery in the usb charger and hook it up to my computer... at first nothing happened so I unscrewed it and screwed it back in and the end of the e-cig lit up red... I left it charging for about two hours and I could wait anymore... I took it off the charger and threw it back together... and I tried every kind of draw possible.... it lights up like its going to give you some vape... but nothing happens! So... I took it back apart again... upon looking at the atomizer... I noticed the coil was touching the mesh bridge type deal on the side ther wire comes in.... so I took a small knife and moved it away, now when I put it all together and puff, it just flashes 3 times.. so I moved the coil back to touching... still flashes 3 times... and then I moved it back again (i dont think the coil should be touching right?) but if I unscrew the atomizer and puff on the battery it lights up like it should, but when I put the atomizer and cartridge back on it just flashes 3 times... so I figure... i'm going to have to charge it all the way.... I screw it back into the charger and it dosent even light up now.... however when I remove the battery from the charger it does flash 3 times, but does not light up when its hooked up... I even let it sit overnight and no difference... what could be wrong and how can I fix this... sorry for the long post but I would really like to fix this or i'm out 60 bucks!!
this is a link to the pic of my atomizer....
i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz354/bliynd/IMG_0014.jpg
any help would be greately appreciated... also I dont have a multimeter handy at the moment but later i'm going to check the atomizer for resistance....

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
First off. Most likely the cartridge that is originally on the atomizer is a blank. It is empty, no juice. You need to put one of the filled cartridges on it. The link you posted has a bunch of question & answers at the bottom, maybe something there might help also?

Second, it sounds like the atomizer may be shorted? Not sure, but need to check it with a multimeter. If it is shorted, consider taking it back to the vender and asking for an exchange because it is bad. Hopefully they will help you out on that.

Third, if you had ordered from somewhere like litecigusa or nhaler it would be in your doorstep prob the next day since the are in NJ and you are in NY.

I bought one very similiar to that if not exactly like it and was ripped off also. It happens, my vender however gave a lifetime warranty on the atomizer... and replaced it after one went out in a couple days. Regardless, it's now 6 months later and that little unit actually still works (though I don't use it a lot, so that is why the batteries work).

Well good luck!

bliynd

ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2010
Plattsburgh, NY
well what i'm wondering is if its the battery..... when i plug it in to charge (only came with usb charger for the pc) it does not light up or anything.... but when i unplug it, it flashes 3 times. Now when I draw on the battery itself, it lights up like its working normal, but if i screw the atomizer on it and draw it flashes 3 times..... bad battery

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
lol i thought about the 0.00 volt reading later on the next day and realized what you just said, no voltage unless the battery is activated... regardless i returned the e-cig and got a 60 gift certificate for a store that has absolutely nothing im interested in... but oh well!! Thanks for the help!!

You could get yourself $60 worth of "naughty toys." :D

Seriously, did you find a good e-cig that you like? Keep us posted. We're here to help. And there's some useful stuff on that site so you can get your money back, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread