Status
Not open for further replies.

anendlessches

Jun 24, 2015
Thanks, I tried your tip (well, I did like 7-8 wraps actually) and it got me to .5 ohm, and it is amazing! I now have my istick at 10W and a 1s draw gives me what a 5 second draw would get me on my 2ish ohm protank-II ripoff, but without the burnt taste I'd get on that one! Thanks a lot, and after all the good answers I got here, this forum will be my first stop when I need help with something vaping-relatied. I'm impressed with how fast I get answers and how helpful you all are!

Btw, on the Protank, I only used 7W, caused everything above gave me a burnt taste. Now I can go higher, I tried 13W and no problem. Haven't tried higher as 10W gave me an amazing hit with 18mg juice, I might even turn it down a bit more.

I've never built a coil that high and don't use 28g, but if I was going to build it and thats what I had to work with, I would do micro-coils around a 2mm screwdriver. 6-wraps each. probably will come out to somewhere around .5, which is perfectly safe and will be a good vape. If you do it with only 1 coil, that will be a good vape too and probably around 1 ohm.
my choice as well.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Thanks, I tried your tip (well, I did like 7-8 wraps actually) and it got me to .5 ohm, and it is amazing! I now have my istick at 10W and a 1s draw gives me what a 5 second draw would get me on my 2ish ohm protank-II ripoff, but without the burnt taste I'd get on that one! Thanks a lot, and after all the good answers I got here, this forum will be my first stop when I need help with something vaping-relatied. I'm impressed with how fast I get answers and how helpful you all are!
Glad it worked for you. In general, 6 wraps around 2mm dual coil is a very good vape. Thats why the .5 ohm works with 28 gauge. If you went with a lower gauge wire, the resistance would drop, but the same build work work... the resistance needs to drop because that bigger wire wants more power to light up in the same time. As long as you are below the discharge rating for your battery, you are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread