Help with vaping in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimmo1971

Oct 6, 2014
Rockford
Hello all, I guess I'm frustrated with vaping in general. I've got mech mods(2 stingrays and a nemesis) I've got 2 regulated mods(sigelei 30w- vamo v6 and itaste vv) tanks include 3 aspire nautilis and 2 kanger protank 3 and rda stillaire. My results are very mixed. Sometimes I get good flavor sometimes not so much. I use local house blends to premiums like spacejam and cylons. I've tried watt ranges from 4-15, with sometimes "ok" flavor to just for lack of a better term "dry flavorless hits" what gives?? I use the best eliquids to the good mods, so frustrated I feel like I've spent a fortune in the past 6 weeks to get away from smoking cigars only to wind up frustrated, a little help would be very appreciated guys

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Similar thing happened to me. I went right to flavorless and a touch of menthol or sulcrose. Vaped that for a year or so. The frustration wasn;t worth it and anything tastes better than cig smoke. 15 bucks for 250 mls.. cheap...you can also get it cheaper.. but it worked for me.

I still smoke cigars just not as many anymore..

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
I think the missing part of your equation is the absence of a proper rebuildable atomizer meant for single coils with a smallish chamber. Tanks with a premade coil assembly and an rda kinda leave a big gap in the middle. A well setup Kayfun type atomizer might be just what you're looking for. I can't taste my evod 2 anymore and my rda is just not my speed. I have fine tuned my Kayfun build and power settings and it's freakin amazing.

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Actually it's pretty normal. The tastebuds just don't like the same flavor over & over. I normally have at least three contrasting flavors going, and even still, if I have the power up to high I'll scorch the tastebuds.

Also, if you are trying to suck the battery through the atomizer, you will get a raw tongue. Take a light draw, and let the vapor come to you.

Last edited:

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    Geekville, USA
    actually it's pretty normal. The tastebuds just don't like the same flavor over & over. I normally have at least three contrasting flavors going, and even still, if i have the power up to high i'll scorch the tastebuds.

also, if you are trying to suck the battery through the atomizer, you will get a raw tongue. take a light draw, and let the vapor come to you.
    lolololololololol!

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    Hello all, I guess I'm frustrated with vaping in general. I've got mech mods(2 stingrays and a nemesis) I've got 2 regulated mods(sigelei 30w- vamo v6 and itaste vv) tanks include 3 aspire nautilis and 2 kanger protank 3 and rda stillaire. My results are very mixed. Sometimes I get good flavor sometimes not so much. I use local house blends to premiums like spacejam and cylons. I've tried watt ranges from 4-15, with sometimes "ok" flavor to just for lack of a better term "dry flavorless hits" what gives?? I use the best eliquids to the good mods, so frustrated I feel like I've spent a fortune in the past 6 weeks to get away from smoking cigars only to wind up frustrated, a little help would be very appreciated guys

You've probably been reading or hearing things and got a wrong impression.

Use your sig and vamo, and on the top use the nautilus.

Wattage: somewhere around 8 watts; dual coils take more watts than single coils.

Get used to 1 setup, and taste tends to grow on you.

Drink water because PG is dehydrating and it does affect your tastebuds among other things.

Flooding tends to mute flavor.

Experiment with the stillaire with 28 gauge; it takes some trial and error.

johnsoncook

Moved On
    Oct 13, 2014
    Shanghai, China
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered supplier
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread