Helping out a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve W Pedersen

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2011
bakersfield,ca
I have become friends with a generous lady that allow's me to plugin to get power.
She has been trying to quit smoking and will try vapeing but she say's it does not feel the same so she always goes back to analogs.
Her gear is smok majisty/baby beast tank.
I am ordering for her some wta juice and I also want to buy her a new tank.
is there a good mtl tank that has better then average reliable cartomizer's ?
This lady I don't think is willing to build, She want's somthing that "Just Works"TM.
Thank you for any and all suggestions.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have become friends with a generous lady that allow's me to plugin to get power.
She has been trying to quit smoking and will try vapeing but she say's it does not feel the same so she always goes back to analogs.
Her gear is smok majisty/baby beast tank.
I am ordering for her some wta juice and I also want to buy her a new tank.
is there a good mtl tank that has better then average reliable cartomizer's ?
This lady I don't think is willing to build, She want's somthing that "Just Works"TM.
Thank you for any and all suggestions.
Kudos. The Zenith is growing in popularity. Coils are getting decent life. Aspire Nautilus is always good but is bottom fill. I'd skip the Nautilus 2, too many complaints.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay if this lady sort of wants easy, this is one time I *would not* recommend the Nautilus 2, because filling can be a PITA and also, capacity of 1.7 ml if you fill to the fill line, and you have to.

Honestly, I'm going to recommend the Innoken Zenith. Of all the tanks I own, it's the sturdiest, the easiest top fill and 4 ml capacity. It's a super easy going tank, flavor is decent (the 1.6 coil has a flavor break in period of about 2 tanks, would be my one caveat, the 0.8 is a flavor monster right out of the gate. If she likes your setup I might start her out on that coil, to see how she likes it. Coils aren't super cheap but they surely are robust.

As far as others: there's the Ijoy Elf which comes with proprietary coils but will also accept nautilus coils, and it "fixes" many of the N2 problems: really is a 2 ml tank, much easier topfill system and (IMO) slightly better flavor.

Anything else I might recommend, perhaps the Nicolas Vapefly tank it's billed as a "sub0hm" MTL vape and it's easygoing, and especially with the 0.6 coils, nice flavor. The coils are proprietary so I don't know how long they are/will be around, but it's a decent tank.

Anything else MTL I use currently is either bottom fill (probably not what you are looking for) and/or fiddly somehow or an RTA. I'd vote for the zenith tank and I think you can get it as a "kit" with an Innoken (whatever)stick, which to me would probably make for a good starter setup.

Hopefully any of that was helpful :) I think WTA is a great choice too, and good for you for wanting to help her out. :)

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
She has been trying to quit smoking and will try vaping but she say's it does not feel the same so she always goes back to analogs... She want's something that "Just Works".
My first thought when reading this made me wonder whether she is really ready to stop smoking. Vaping is different from smoking, and requires some minor but important changes in technique. It's important for her to realize that vaping is "more work" than smoking. She must understand that vaping is "harm reduction", so some concessions must be accepted for her to accept vaping as a replacement for smoking. She needs to be DETERMINED and REALLY WANT TO QUIT to be successful.

I never thought that I'd be able to quit smoking. I smoked for 35+ years, the final 10 years trying to quit with nicotine gum and patches, prescription drugs, and hypnosis. They didn't work for me.

I was able to quit with a cigalike starter kit. It was admittedly a lousy setup, but it worked well enough that I knew there had to be better setups available. I researched here on ECF and found some superior setups to that cigalike kit. I'll add that I was in a different frame of mind (determined and really wanted to quit) when I began vaping.

Many of us vapers went through an experimental phase to find a setup which "just works" for us. Its an accepted part of the Rite of Passage. It's worth it in the end.

Tips for Novices Seeking Tobacco/Cigarette Flavors

A Word on Vaping Technique

Smoking vs Vaping Differences

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Steve, I really hope your friend's vape works out. I think Baditude gave you some great advice and resources, and I hope WTA helps her transition. You may want to "judiciously" collect some information on new vaping and give it to her. For one, she'll have more buy in if she knows what she's doing, and more likely to have success. Sometimes just a stash of neutral information is helpful.

This might be a useful thread too, A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

If she has any health issues, it might be helpful to have some of that information re: what to expect, etc. You probably won't need to print out the whole thread, but I was glad to run into that list early on, I had several things that needed my attention including raising my thyroid dose as smoking (not vaping) masks certain thyroid issues and etc.

If she uses the internet at all, could send her here. It might keep her mind occupied if nothing else as she transitions.

Best of luck in your efforts and to your friend.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread