Status
Not open for further replies.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
But to me some reason cotton tastes...twangy? Not sure how to describe it really but it definitely changes the taste of my juice compared to silica for sure. I'm willing to give wick time to break in but imo if it doesn't taste better after about 2 mils I'm done with it. And cotton never seems to improve for me. I've tried two different brands of organic cotton and I get the same taste from both.

Did you boil it first? If not, It might have had impurities from processing.
Not all cottons are equal, I've used several different kinds and brands of cotton (balls, yarn, square braided candle wick, cheescloth, etc) and found their performance to differ widely. I use Sugar n' cream brand 100% cotton yarn #4 white, boiled it twice in distilled water and air dried.
I don't find much of a break-in time if at all, just make sure your wicks are well saturated and given time to fully absorb the juice before vaping.

It may indeed be a personal issue where you pick up on things that I don't and vice versa, but this is just what I've found from trying a lot of wicking materials.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Just so everyone knows...

Hemp is not what people think, It has ZERO canibinoids in it and if you did smoke it you would only get a headache. That's the government spreading lies and in fact if you planted a hemp plant in a field of related "plants" it would in fact turn all the other "plants" into hemp after the veg. cycle-True stuff right there!

Much like people hate the bad things spread about vaping I hate people putting hemp into the other class as it is one of the greatest plants in the world for so many uses but big government spreads the lies because hemp would put a lot of company's out of business if they made it legal to grow...Just saying!
Strapped

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
B
Just so everyone knows...

Hemp is not what people think, It has ZERO canibinoids in it and if you did smoke it you would only get a headache. That's the government spreading lies and in fact if you planted a hemp plant in a field of related "plants" it would in fact turn all the other "plants" into hemp after the veg. cycle-True stuff right there!

Much like people hate the bad things spread about vaping I hate people putting hemp into the other class as it is one of the greatest plants in the world for so many uses but big government spreads the lies because hemp would put a lot of company's out of business if they made it legal to grow...Just saying!
Strapped

Right on!!!! US farmers are being deprived of growing an environmentally "soft" crop that requires so little energy to grow. Hemp is near the class of wonder plants. Woody Harrelson and others have been on a campaign, for years, to make hemp farming in US legal again. In fact he was arrested in my home county a few years back protesting.

I've been advocating soybean, hemp, and other environmentally smart farming since 70's. Think of all the thousands of starving people we could feed per acres it takes to procuce a few pounds of flesh protein?!!? Of course it's a big up hill battle to replace tobacco fields with more benificial to humans and earth crops because of the hold big business has on our government and economy.

Hemp was grown in my county during one (or both) of the world wars for rope. It grows wild everywhere. Believe me, you can't get a buzz smoking it unless you create an imaginary high.

Hemp products of all kinds are replacing more and more environmentally unfriendly products. I have hemp (insert clothing, underwear, bags, household products and decor, etc., etc.)

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
As has been stated many times in many threads, every person's taste is different. I have to smile when I see some people saying that hemp tastes good, cotton bad. Then I look at the next post that says that cotton tastes good and hemp bad. I guess that is why there are over 200 cable channels on TV, 100 or so channels on Satellite radio and 10 or so brands of cars.[/

The absolute truth. Vaping is the most subjective pastime I have ever been involved with.

gmb225

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
somerset ky
well i went to walmart to buy some cotton hemp yarn from martha stewart but they didnt have it. bishopheals liked it in one of his vids for flavor. im using ekowool right now 2mm hollow...got to say from the beginning a real flavor loss. 4 wraps 30g dual coil nimbus. for now im going back to silica till i can find something else ekowool did nothing for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread