Hey! new guy checking in. Looking for best drip tip setup! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recommend giving Drip Tip Designz a look, the best drip tips I've found thus far. I particularly like their Tru-stone tips. They also have brass, braided, carbon fiber, resin, and wood tips.

Drip Tip Designz

Bull Box Mods also has a periodic selection of Tru-stone tips.

Molehill Mountain Art Drip Tips has wood drip tips.

Vaporev has a large selection of metal tips.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks! I should have been more specific but I want to only use a drip tip setup where you drip the juice in through the top. Just wondering all the parts I need to buy.
I'm not really a dripper, so I may not be much help. You may need a drip shield depending upon the drip well size/shape of your battery device. This is not a drip tip. It is designed to prevent your e-liquid from leaking through the atomizer, thus eliminating the mess and preventing damage to your e-cig "internals" that is caused by leakage. Helps with a tighter draw, and a cooler vape.

Empire Drip Shields

Anodized Aluminum Drip Shield

Drip Shield 901 | 510 | 306 - Avid Vaper

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Last edited:

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
Hi

I use plain 510 or 306 (which have 510 threading) attys for dripping. They work fine for me. I'm sure there are better ones out there, but not in my budget. I have I blog with a basic overview of direct dripping. Perhaps something in it might be useful to you:

Drip, Drip, Drip…

ETA: MVS has a pretty good price for single 306s and they come with a drip tip.

Low Resistance (LR) Atomizer - 306

Whats the difference between 510 or 306? also will I need a shield?
Thanks

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
I'm not really a dripper, so I may not be much help. You may need a drip shield depending upon the drip well size/shape of your battery device. This is not a drip tip. It is designed to prevent your e-liquid from leaking through the atomizer, thus eliminating the mess and preventing damage to your e-cig "internals" that is caused by leakage. Helps with a tighter draw, and a cooler vape.

Empire Drip Shields

Anodized Aluminum Drip Shield

Drip Shield 901 | 510 | 306 - Avid Vaper

What is it you dont like about drip tip setups?
I am mainly looking for more flavor and smoke. I heard this is a good way to achieve this.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It does give more flavor. It's the inconvenience factor of having to add a few drops, vape a few times, and then have to add more drops to continue vaping. I'm used to a carefree cartotank system which has nearly the same flavor as a drip atty.

I did mention that I use a drip atty in a bottom feeding mod. Here I get the flavor of a drip atty with the convenience of a tank. The main issue I have with a bottom feeder is the inconvenience of tearing my mod apart to change flavors. It may be easier to do this with a different bottom feeder like a Reo.

Vapage VMod-XL

Last edited:

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
It does give more flavor. It's the inconvenience factor of having to add a few drops, vape a few times, and then have to add more drops to continue vaping. I'm used to a carefree cartotank system which has nearly the same flavor as a drip atty.

I did mention that I use a drip atty in a bottom feeding mod. Here I get the flavor of a drip atty with the convenience of a tank. The main issue I have with a bottom feeder is the inconvenience of tearing my mod apart to change flavors. It may be easier to do this with a different bottom feeder like a Reo.

Vapage VMod-XL
\

Do you have a picture of your setup??

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you have a picture of your setup??
The VMod pictured above is my bottom feeder. Below are my Provari's and the IBTanked pyrex cartotanks I use. I have a dozen set up, each with their own flavor, so changing flavors is a cinch. Just remove one tank for another.

This is only a small representation of my collection. You see Provari's, a BB, and a Silver Bullet, cartotanks and AGA-T2 RBA's on top.

IBTanked-2.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg

Last edited:

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
The VMod pictured above is my bottom feeder. Below are my Provari's and the IBTanked pyrex cartotanks I use. I have a dozen set up, each with their own flavor, so changing flavors is a cinch. Just remove one tank for another.

This is only a small representation of my collection. You see Provari's, a BB, and a Silver Bullet, cartotanks and AGA-T2 RBA's on top.

View attachment 262514 View attachment 262515 View attachment 262516 View attachment 262520

Nice!
The 2nd picture to the right. Where did you buy that tank setup?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread