Hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
Hi, new member, man this is a huge forum! :) I hope I can figure out where to post and everything... hahaa. I tried an Ego twist around 2 years ago, been an analog(?) regular smoker more years then I care to think about. The ego twist didn't work out for me. It leaked & I was inexperienced & found it aggravating. However I did like vaping. So I'm ready to give it another go, but this time I'm a little bit more informed. Im sure of one thing - I want an ecig-a-like this time. I want to get as close to an analog as I can. I'm pretty much set on ordering a Halo G6, automatic. It was that or V2. But I read several places online that V2 is slow to ship orders. I really want a PCC but Halo doesn't sell them. Indoor Smokers on youtube, says Halo & V2 batteries/carts are interchangeable, so I'm hoping to find out if I would be able to use the V2 PCC for the Halo? Should I ask in another forum area, or can anyone here tell me? TIA :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sadly you may have even more trouble with a cigalike than you did with the ego. Ego s were designed to be an improvement on cigalikes.cogalike batteries are 2.2v for one though by instead of the ego 3.7v.

My sister was an ego smoker who was having issues and I put her into a target mini which she quite liked. It’s mod shaped but it’s tiny and well turned out.

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
Thanks so much for your reply bombastinator. I think you are talking mostly about the battery issues, such as, battery use time & vapor production?
If not please excuse my reply... but if so, I really must have something close to an analog to give it another go. I plan on having at least 2 or 3 batteries to charge and change out as needed, maybe an extra charger, (and/or a PCC, if Halo does work with V2's PCC). Vapor production for Halo G6 looks fine for me, in the many review videos I've watched. I hated the 3 pieces of the Ego, the middle piece, always trying to figure out which way to twist for which piece I needed to remove. I just want the battery and a cart to deal with. What do you think?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Thanks so much for your reply bombastinator. I think you are talking mostly about the battery issues, such as, battery use time & vapor production?
If not please excuse my reply... but if so, I really must have something close to an analog to give it another go. I plan on having at least 2 or 3 batteries to charge and change out as needed, maybe an extra charger, (and/or a PCC, if Halo does work with V2's PCC). Vapor production for Halo G6 looks fine for me, in the many review videos I've watched. I hated the 3 pieces of the Ego, the middle piece, always trying to figure out which way to twist for which piece I needed to remove. I just want the battery and a cart to deal with. What do you think?
Well if a cigalike it must be, the least bad one I know of is the emini by ovale. It at least is 3.7v. The emini duo is supposed to be even better but they’re only sold in Europe/UK

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, welcome to ECF. I think the idea of looking at pod mods is a good one, but if you are set on this device, well, I think your plan to have several setups (I would actually suggest setups, so you can rotate them if you are vaping quite a bit at once, the setup won't heat up as much, and you will have the option of several flavors at once) is a good one, at least for the battery, but maybe a few extra tanks as well? Then that is the road you can pursue. If that's what you think will work, then that is what you can certainly try first.

I do know I vaped for a while years ago, then dual used for a few years before returning to vaping. It was like a whole new world, and I'm glad that I was able to find a style of vaping that was really satisfying and there are more powerful, more flavorful, and more interesting options out there today, and they might help you succeed at transitioning this time. They don't have to be expensive OR huge. I won't get into a bunch more than that, other than to say welcome to ECF and ask all the questions you have along the way. Just don't be surprised if what you end up vaping doesn't wind up being your "initial choice."

My road to vaping was liberally strewn with "not the right" gear, but it was worth every penny to get me fully off and away from cigarettes! Welcome.

Anna

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
Well if a cigalike it must be, the least bad one I know of is the emini by ovale. It at least is 3.7v. The emini duo is supposed to be even better but they’re only sold in Europe/UK

Well, dang, I am out of luck with the emini then, because I'm in the USA. *But I do appreciate your replies very much!* :)

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Hello & welcome!

Some great suggestions above, there's a ton of helpful people on this forum.
Speaking of pods, I recently got 2 dolphins, so long as you keep the juice thin they produce excellent vapor. Flavor wise, 7 or 8 out of 10. For vaping on the fly, can't be beat for portability & has a very natural "feel" in your hand.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well, dang, I am out of luck with the emini then, because I'm in the USA. *But I do appreciate your replies very much!* :)
The emini you can get. It’s the emini duo that requires contortions if you live in the USA. Just go to the ovale web site and order a kit.

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
Welcome to the forum, if you want to stay with a smaller design I suggest you look into a pod system that has nic salts. Unfortunately, I believe you're setting yourself up for another failure with a cig-a-like.

Thanks for your reply :) I will check out a few pods, but I'm pretty set on something close as possible to an analog. I do remember seeing one video with the pod pop in refill set up & thought that was cool, but it was kinda flat, not round so... idk but I have another tab open and googled the pods for 2018 to look into. I don't know anything about nic salts so that kinda puts me off a little more, (means more research, ugh hahaa)... Thanks :)

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
Hi and welcome! A visit to the pod mod forum here may really help. I never used the Halo G6, but I can tell you their juice, while expensive is very good. Tribeca is still one of my all time faves.

Thanks for your reply :) Maybe that's a better idea then googling!
I've heard a lot of raves about Halo juices! I will probably get empty carts and go local for my juice though, not 100% sure yet. Thanks a lot :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I will check out a few pods, but I'm pretty set on something close as possible to an analog.
I too agree that if you choose a cigalike setup that you are setting yourself up for another failure. :(

I get the idea of wanting something that looks like a cigarette. I really do. I went that route myself in the beginning. I actually did quit smoking with a cigalike setup, but within a month I was going crazy trying to keep multiple batteries charged up, trying to keep up multiple cartridges filled with e-liquid. It got to the point where I had to buy a pack of cigarettes because I didn't have a charged battery left to vape. It became so frustrating that I didn't think all the work was worth it.

Then, about a month into vaping I got my first "mod" and "tank", and that @Gracey was a major gamechanger. I could go all day without worrying about changing a battery. I could go all day with just one tank of e-liquid. And because the 18650 batteries in the mod was more powerful than the cigalike batteries, the experience was much more similar to smoking a cigarette.

I no longer cared that my vape setup didn't look like a cigarette. What was most important was I had stopped smoking, was enjoying vaping even more than I ever did smoking. I finally realized that to get a "cigarette-type experience", I had to use a larger battery device. You can't get a "cigarette-type experience" with a cigalike; the battery is too weak.

It's your money and time to waste; you'll probably do what you planned to do all along. Just in case I can influence you the other way...

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

Last edited:

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
Hi, welcome to ECF. I think the idea of looking at pod mods is a good one, but if you are set on this device, well, I think your plan to have several setups (I would actually suggest setups, so you can rotate them if you are vaping quite a bit at once, the setup won't heat up as much, and you will have the option of several flavors at once) is a good one, at least for the battery, but maybe a few extra tanks as well? Then that is the road you can pursue. If that's what you think will work, then that is what you can certainly try first.

I do know I vaped for a while years ago, then dual used for a few years before returning to vaping. It was like a whole new world, and I'm glad that I was able to find a style of vaping that was really satisfying and there are more powerful, more flavorful, and more interesting options out there today, and they might help you succeed at transitioning this time. They don't have to be expensive OR huge. I won't get into a bunch more than that, other than to say welcome to ECF and ask all the questions you have along the way. Just don't be surprised if what you end up vaping doesn't wind up being your "initial choice."

My road to vaping was liberally strewn with "not the right" gear, but it was worth every penny to get me fully off and away from cigarettes! Welcome.

Anna

Hi Anna, thanks a lot! Time to eat dinner here... but I will be back later or tomorrow, and read over what you said again & read and reply to the others :)

I am very happy to meet you all and to get such great support WoW !! THANKS :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Anna, thanks a lot! Time to eat dinner here... but I will be back later or tomorrow, and read over what you said again & read and reply to the others :)
I am very happy to meet you all and to get such great support WoW !! THANKS :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
The more information you read the more likely you will be successful in vaping. Anna's information is excellent reading material.
Might also want to look at:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners

Gracey

Mar 7, 2018
I'm sorry I haven't been back yet or talked to, replied to, everyone!! Please do forgive me. There's really a lot of help, advice, suggestions, opinions, links, things to think about from y'all. Thanks for sharing & caring! :) I've been spending some time looking at pods & think they are pretty awesome but I need something asap... & I don't have any more time for research & reading at the moment, my life is in chaos & I'll spare you all that.
If you want to know this... I'll tell you what I had been doing for at least the past 4 or 5 years... ROLLING MY OWN!! Up until a couple months ago. Ugh... rolling machine, tubes with filters & loose tobacco, which I also had to pick out a small amount of sticks &/or stems from to prepare to roll. It was extremely time consuming, (not to mention I had to carry it all in a big tote bag to go anywhere to visit for long & I do that a lot the past 2 years). So, for me, charging batteries & filling cartos, since I've already had some experience with that with the ego before, seems a whole lot easier, more convenient & faster... than ROLLING!!
I also did not get some other points across, I'm sorry. While vaping with the ego, I started to just naturally taper down, period. So Im hoping for the same with a cig-a-like! No big mods in my future atm... however, maybe a pod eventually. That's where I am now after reading, research & thinking. But I gotta go with the refillable cartos & small batteries right now & asap. Also, I'm more familiar with that, after the ego use. Y'all enjoy your big vape clouds & what you have, but I'm gona go with the small fries first & then see where that takes me. I might be back to discuss the pods & nic salts eventually or... see if anyone in the very small-cig-alike forum section, can answer my first questions. I'm set in my mind to taper down again & I feel I have to try this first. [If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again :) ] I'll keep trying... Thank you all <3

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread