Hi, 18 days and counting, look for some advice as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
This is my first post! I am on my second e-cig a eGo-t. That was when I could lay that 38 year habit to rest. 2ppd and tried to quit more times that I can count. The great thing I see is that I really liked to smoke...and now I don't miss it :vapor:

Now the question: I am looking to go to the next level and I wish I would have found this forum years ago. Looking at a VV ....my reading tells me that the ProVari is the way to go. What do you think?
Thanks to all!

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Congrats on the switch to vaping. It still amazes me to read stories like yours. Glad you're here :)

If you're going 'all-in' with a VV you'd do yourself well to do a comparative analysis on the Darwin. I've purchased two vv mods. I sold one and returned the other. Many love them. Enjoy shopping for your next big thing. You deserve it!

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI
The Provari is a very nice piece of equipment, but it is expensive. I don't think you will gain much if you are using ego tanks, try some 2.0 ohm carto's or some ego mega dual coils first with the ego batteries. I do have a Provari and I did try it with the ego tanks and I like it better with the cartos and still keep it below 4 volts most of the time. I am using the standard AW IMR 18490 batts and get between 6-10 hours from one batt.

You might want to think about getting the Ego Booster, it is a VV mod for the ego batts and its around $70 plus S&H if I remember correctly. It will drain your batts faster but should be a cheap way to find out if VV mods are what you need

Sophey

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
SAX, congratulations on breaking a 38-year habit. I know what you mean about wishing you'd discovered this forum years ago! Oh well... what counts is we are here now. And thanks to e-cigs we will likely be here for a long, long time. :) Welcome to ECF and the whole e-cig journey!

As for the Provari, if you end up buying one, be sure to let us know what you think of it!

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
If you don't get a Provari or Darwin right now you're going to end up spending a whole lot of money first and wishing you hadn't. I have a Darwin and it's the cat's meow. It's alot of money, but you can spend alot of $30 here and there and why do that when you can get right to the top quick. Also get a 510 to 510 adapter so you can use a tank on the Darwin. Not having to worry about dripping or filling cartos is real progress. Get a Lil Mama tank from Big Daddy Vapor. And for the cartos that go in the tank, get 3.0 Boge at Good Prophets. You will be set for life, really. Just don't lose it. :)

My experience sounds a lot like yours. I like a strong vape and my Darwin gives that with every single hit. It's famous for its power and consistency. I don't have a Provari but have heard good things about that one too. I chose the Darwin because it's easier to adjust and read the window settings. It's simple, really.

You would spend in a couple months on cigarettes what it would cost you to buy a Darwin or Provari, so don't be offended by the cost. In the long run you'll save a lot of money not buying all the lesser mods.

Last edited:

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
Thanks to all for the kind words. Now I'm not made of money (I wish) but I will tell you what I have and did spend for "stinky's" a really great e-cig is really a drop in the bucket cost wise to me at this time. Some of you may be able to relate to what I am going to say- my wife is a non-smoker and being a slave to smoking has been the only thing that we have ever had "words" about. Some folks just don't know how hard this can be. I have had things (work) come down and I would go back to the same thing over and over again. I had one of those work related 48 hours stress hits two days ago and I was able to keep of the cigs. I have tried drugs that made me feel like my head was a balloon. The other stuff you name it I tried it, cold turkey a few times (I could take someone’s head off) no fun. I have to say I feel this is my last hope.

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I'd like to add that I just purchased the Super T Precise Plus and am thrilled with it. It's an all mechanical Mod, so you don't have to ever worry about any electronics breaking down. There are two models, the 18350 and the 18500, the first being smaller than the second. But both hit wonderfully and both are machined with perfection. You can find Super T on the first page of his forum listed in the long list of suppliers. I will never sell my Precise Plus 18350, this I know. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread