hi all. newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatsandychick

Oct 30, 2013
nor cal
Hi everyone. First, thank you for letting me be a part of this. Having a hard time sleeping so thought I'd ask a couple questions. I'm very new to the vaping world. I have tried 5 different brands of I guess they're called analog cigs and they did nothing for me. Just ordered a vaping kit so I'm looking forward to trying that. Anything I should be aware of before I start on this venture? Or any pointers perhaps?

sunnata

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
voidness
Hello, welcome to the forums. Newbie here too, I don't have much advice to share as I'm still learning things myself, my only advice would be, read as much as you can, watch a few videos on youtube, I personally enjoy videos from grimmgreen. or pbusardo when I am looking for more technical information on MOD's and accessories. have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of great people around with plenty of knowledge ready to be shared.

Last edited:
Before I bought my first vaping equipment, I learned all that I could - I found the best resource to be internet chat rooms specifically for vaping related chat. I did a search just then, and found that ECF have an IRC chat room - might be the way to go for you.

Also, lurking the forums is a must - but I understand that it could be very daunting for a newbie, especially with the terms and abbreviations used.

Good luck!

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to ECF, there is a lot of information here. I too tried some of those look alikes and didn't like them at all. Upon the advice of a friend, I got an eGo CE6 to start with. That was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I never looked back. Once you get your kit, you'll notice a huge difference over those others. The biggest difference for me was the "throat hit"-that sensation of the smoke hitting your throat. I needed that to be satisfied and my vaping kit gave it to me, that and flavor. I didn't think I'd like all the different flavors over tobacco flavor but I do. Read what you can on here. There are some very good people on here that will help you with any kind of question you have, don't hesitate to ask. :vapor:

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Welcome to ECF and congrats on your decision.

Being a new vaper can, at the very least, be a frustrating adventure.
We don't know what e cig to buy nor do we know what e liquid or nicotine levels we want.

Opinions are like you know what. We ALL have them.
Here's what you SHOULD focus on.

You may want to look at something like an eGo e cig. Best starter there is.
BTW, what kit did you purchase?

The Twist version is best as it allows for variable voltage vaping. Certain liquids taste better at higher voltages and watts.
Pen style e cigs don't cut it. They don't provide sufficient battery life nor do they produce sufficient level of vapor to satisfy.

Once you have a decent device, the battery and housing (which is your e cig) it's time to begin the experimental stage in regard to delivery systems and e liquid.

If you're a heavy smoker or have smoked for a long time you need to start with a higher based nicotine.
I would suggest 24-36 mg.

As far as flavors go, it's up to you but don't simply look at tobacco. Many vapers, like myself, enjoy a variety of flavors.

When it comes to the all important delivery system, or accessory as some call it (incorrect BTW) it's a trial and error thing.

If you have an eGo style e cig or use an eGo adapter, I would suggest trying the EVOD Clearomizers.
The Kanger ProTank 2 is another must try. It has what is called a 510 connection (industry standard threading) and is extremely popular.

Cartomizers are very inexpensive but provide a slightly reserved or harder draw at times.
If you find a good clearomizer or tank, such as a ProTank, they will probably provide a more satisfying vape.

I have some articles on my site that go into more detail.
I'm also available to help if need be.

We're good like that around here :)

introduction to e cig delievry systems

Good luck to you and PM me anytime if you need help.
Charlie C

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Welcome to ECF. Tell us exactly what you bought for your first kit. The battery and the topper/juice delivery device so we can help you get you started on the right foot. Did you order a backup device? Have you ordered some juice and if so, at what nicotine level and pg/vg. How much and how long did you smoke for? All this info will help us help you.

jjc11

Oct 29, 2013
Illinois USA
Hi to you! I am new on the forums also. I still consider myself somewhat of a newbie to vaping too I have had my vaping kit for only about 2 months now. Number one tip from me is to read reviews on ecf on eliquids before you order on flavors and customer service. Also try to control yourself from buying a million different flavors even though I still havent really found a favorite from all the flavors I have had (I guess I just like changing up flavors often). Even though this has cost me quite a bit of money I do not regret it because it helped me quit smoking which I thought to be impossible.

kimran73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Don't get hung up on the terminology, there's a lot of it. If you're trying to get help on something and not sure what it's called, pics and descriptions are very handy. We'll figure out what you mean. You'll get the hang of all the different terms soon enough. I went to a local tobacco shop to see what they had available, I had only been vaping a few days then, but they didn't know a battery from a tank and got me really confused. So glad I found ECF. :)

Charlie C

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you for that info. I bought aVV starter kit. Haven't received yet and wondering if I made the right choice. I guess I will find out! Yeah, I tried plenty of e cigs (blue, ez CIG, etc) and they did nothing for me. I tend to like the fruity flavored ones, so far. Will definitely check out your link. Thanks again Charlie!

You are very welcome.
Let me know if you need anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread