Hi All

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
Greetings from New Zealand.
After puffing the stinkies for 50 years, I started vaping a month ago, and am pleased to say, have not had even one cigarette since.
Thanks for this extremely friendly and very imformative site. Look foward to getting more involved as I progress.
I presently have an Aspire nautilus Mini, a couple of Kangertech K3D's and a few X6's. Which will keep me going for a while.
Keep well.

Last edited:

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
@G-Fog Well done and keep it up, I smoked for 53 years and gave up 2 years ago last Feb, never looked back, hope your Gov is better than most of the idiot ones around the planet and allow you to carry on.

I really don't know what our Gov will do. Nic is banned in NZ, but it is quite legal to import for private consumption, which is a worry if USA and UK ban it.
They seem to be followers rather than leaders, so will probably wait and see what other Gov's do before making a decision.
Go figure

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I really don't know what our Gov will do. Nic is banned in NZ, but it is quite legal to import for private consumption, which is a worry if USA and UK ban it.
They seem to be followers rather than leaders, so will probably wait and see what other Gov's do before making a decision.
Go figure
From what I can make out the UK will be restricting Nic and eLiquids containing Nic to 20mg/ml or 2% and no more than 10ml bottle size, from November nothing higher can be bought by retailers for the public to buy, but it will still be available for eLiquid producers to make their juices, any stock that does not comply must be got rid of by June 2018, also tank sizes must not exceed 2ml and must be leak proof & childproof (that means they will be OAP proof as well :laugh: already have trouble trying to open some eLiquid bottles), of course none of this stops us from getting larger tanks from outside the UK/EU, and hopefully after we actually get through the divorce, we should be able to lobby our Gov., who appear to be more pro vaping than a lot of others, to create a decent law to replace the EU Directive

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
Canterbury, New Zealand
From what I can make out the UK will be restricting Nic and eLiquids containing Nic to 20mg/ml or 2% and no more than 10ml bottle size, from November nothing higher can be bought by retailers for the public to buy, but it will still be available for eLiquid producers to make their juices, any stock that does not comply must be got rid of by June 2018, also tank sizes must not exceed 2ml and must be leak proof & childproof (that means they will be OAP proof as well :laugh: already have trouble trying to open some eLiquid bottles), of course none of this stops us from getting larger tanks from outside the UK/EU, and hopefully after we actually get through the divorce, we should be able to lobby our Gov., who appear to be more pro vaping than a lot of others, to create a decent law to replace the EU Directive

Could it be that big tobacco are very concerned at potential loss of revenue, and that they will do anything to stave off all opposition, and possibly campaign contributions would be reduced so the Gov panic?. Or maybe Brussels are too concerned about losing their dictatorial grip on the member states which means a decrease in their finances. At the end of the day there is nothing in the world that does not revolve around money.
Or is it just me being cynical? ;)

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Could it be that big tobacco are very concerned at potential loss of revenue, and that they will do anything to stave off all opposition, and possibly campaign contributions would be reduced so the Gov panic?. Or maybe Brussels are too concerned about losing their dictatorial grip on the member states which means a decrease in their finances. At the end of the day there is nothing in the world that does not revolve around money.

Welcome to ECF!

I think you understand big tobacco and the greed of govt very well.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2014
    London, UK
    At the end of the day there is nothing in the world that does not revolve around money.
    It's always about Money, and it's not just BT but the Big Pharmaceuticals as well that are losing money on their silly NRT products that only work for a small % of people, that also contain Nicotine but for some reason are not classed as Tobacco Products like e-cigs

G-Fog

ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2016
    Canterbury, New Zealand
    It's always about Money, and it's not just BT but the Big Pharmaceuticals as well that are losing money on their silly NRT products that only work for a small % of people, that also contain Nicotine but for some reason are not classed as Tobacco Products like e-cigs

Good point Bobw, maybe it's time that e-cigs were called something different? How about a drive to come up with a new name?
    I think personal vaporisers might work.........suggestions?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread