Hi everyone, New member desperate for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Smok is notorious for using the same, or similar names for their products, which makes it difficult to differentiate what is compatible with what.

To my knowledge, the EU Big Baby Beast is not compatible with their other products that are not TPD compliant, such as the RBA deck. Could be wrong with this, and others please confirm, but I believe you need the extension kit in order to make it compatible.

$2.14 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Baby Tank Extension Pack - extend 2ml to 3.5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Matt_Thor

Nov 2, 2019
I know yeh! Its confusing the names all being pretty much the same! Thanks alot for the reply, I did buy that off ebay other day and the glass isnt wide enough. It's the same height as the one on the tank. Really stuck with what too do. (Pic is off the tank now)

Attachments

• 15727216860787750796865668047140.jpg
    15727216860787750796865668047140.jpg
    727 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I know yeh! Its confusing the names all being pretty much the same! Thanks alot for the reply, I did buy that off ebay other day and the glass isnt wide enough. It's the same height as the one on the tank. Really stuck with what too do. (Pic is off the tank now)

Might not be an answer you want to hear, but just buy a proper RTA – keep the Baby Beast as a back up (always good practice to have backups, and backups to your backups ;))

Never used the Smok RBA deck, but I imagine a proper RTA that was designed and built as a RTA would perform better.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanks alot both off you! I think that is going to be my best bet, just anoying as just bought it but live and learn I suppose. Cheers. Still gonna keep my eye out for a larger glass piece just incase :D
Thanks for your advice.

Good luck. Bizarre approach Smok took to be TPD compliant where the product is totally different than their non TPD products - where other companies just adopted a smaller glass or some sort of filler within the tank.

As for RTA suggestions – have a lurk around, many RTA users here with great advice. There is an RTA sub forum and any questions, ask away.

But I would suggest the Steam Crave Aromamizer Titan. Its size would give a bit of an odd look, but 28ml capacity certainly would give a two fingers in the air statement to the TPD. I’m joking of course, not suggesting you to break any laws….wink wink ;)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I know yeh just seems weird, made it alot more difficult and confusing. One off the reason I bought this is becouse off the led light in it, silly i know but looked smart. Should off got a rta. Regret it now. Thanks will look into that, but wouldnt want too break any TPD law haha so just look not buy ....wink wink.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Always a good idea to run your future purchase in ECF before buying, pays dividends in the end.
"wouldnt want too break any TPD "
Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

• Agree
Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread