Hi! I'm new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

I have been looking at ecigs for quite a while(a few years now)! a friend of mine at work gave me a Blu and looking up things led me here. I have been lurking for a few weeks and decided to jump in.

I do have a few questions ( one being why do I have to use the"shift" button on my phone for caps and punctuation? Weird, lol!)
and figured I needed to finally join. Thanks for having me and I hipe I learn a lot more from being able to discuss instead of just read!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Welcome!

Heh - Blu. Blu is one of those things that gets passed off as soon as someone finds something better. It's good - in that it introduces people to vaping. But there are a lot of people who just can't give up smoking with all it's limitations. Here is the place to ask questions if you find Blu is lacking for you and you want to move onward and upward.

So, whaddya think of vaping so far?

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Welcome to the Forum! Your going to lose yourself in all the information before you know it! I was never a smoker, and I started with an eGo twist battery and a Kanger T2. If you want to get into vaping I suggest you start there. Pick up an eGo twist battery on eBay ($18 for a 1100mAh battery) and 6-8 bucks for a Kanger T2. Get yourself a USB charger and some juice and your ready to go. That's where I started. After owning that for 3 weeks I bought a Provari v2.5 from provape.com (try not to crap yourself when you see the price) and use whatever tank works best for me on the device. Vaping is a lot of fun and there is a lot to learn. Enjoy it!

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
:cry:
Welcome!

Heh - Blu. Blu is one of those things that gets passed off as soon as someone finds something better. It's good - in that it introduces people to vaping. But there are a lot of people who just can't give up smoking with all it's limitations. Here is the place to ask questions if you find Blu is lacking for you and you want to move onward and upward.

So, whaddya think of vaping so far?

I was so excited to be the first to respond and you ruined it! :cry:

Haha.
Yeah, I'm a mom and make barely over minimum. I RYO everyday. A Provari is SOOOO not going to happen! Lmao. It sounds .ice though! I actually spent a few days trying to figure out how the heck anyone saved moneyvaping but then realized most people were buying real cigs to begin with. And if you aren't addicted to the shiny new stuff and obsessed with trying, I can see how saving can work! I used to be really into some baby stuff that would make sane people say "WTH?". So I understand trying different things and wanting different ones for different situations! :D

Trying really hard to figure out how to make this work for me. I got.a few samples last week (all disposable) and would really like to make the switch for multiple reasons.
Being able to "smoke" inside at work is one big one now that it is freaking cold! Lol! Health is the major big one, for my kids as well. Just trying to understand what will work together, super cheaply is what I'm going for right now. I don't care about perfection or the perfect ohms and wattage, just something that works and I don't hate the flavor of to get me at least partially off regular smokes. I really like the V2 red and Apollo vanilla that I have tried so far :) if anyone has ideas!

Thanks for the welcomes so far! I appreciate it!

Notorious C.I.G.

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2013
United States
Haha.
Yeah, I'm a mom and make barely over minimum. I RYO everyday. A Provari is SOOOO not going to happen! Lmao. It sounds .ice though! I actually spent a few days trying to figure out how the heck anyone saved moneyvaping but then realized most people were buying real cigs to begin with. And if you aren't addicted to the shiny new stuff and obsessed with trying, I can see how saving can work! I used to be really into some baby stuff that would make sane people say "WTH?". So I understand trying different things and wanting different ones for different situations! :D

Trying really hard to figure out how to make this work for me. I got.a few samples last week (all disposable) and would really like to make the switch for multiple reasons.
Being able to "smoke" inside at work is one big one now that it is freaking cold! Lol! Health is the major big one, for my kids as well. Just trying to understand what will work together, super cheaply is what I'm going for right now. I don't care about perfection or the perfect ohms and wattage, just something that works and I don't hate the flavor of to get me at least partially off regular smokes. I really like the V2 red and Apollo vanilla that I have tried so far :) if anyone has ideas!

Thanks for the welcomes so far! I appreciate it!
In the long run, its more expensive to keep buying disposables and or blu cartiges. I suggest buying an ego starter kit, they can be found for under $20 on the internet, and if you want to upgrade you can always buy a new tank like the protank which fits on those. Thats what Im using and like it more than blu, more flavor options as well. edit: a 5 pack of blu is a total of 6ml of liquid, I get my liquid for my reffilable from mount baker vapor for $5 for 15ml

Last edited:

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well for openers you want to avoid anything proprietary.

The issue here is threading. The most common threading on connectors is 510 (or 510 eGo). Even your Blu stuff is 510 threaded. This is where you will have the widest range of options at the lowest pricing. If you run into a web site that doesn't tell you what the threading is on their devices run away! They are hiding that information for a reason.

This doesn't have to become a chase to spend as much - or more - on vaping as you did on smoking. Don't know what is going on locally where you live (you are hiding that from us...) but in Boston right now cheap crappy cigarettes have blow up to about $10.00 a pack after the last "...for the children! tax hike. It would be really, really hard for me to spend what I used to blow on smoking on vaping supplies.

So, you have tried Blu. And it sounds like you have tried a couple disposables. Am I correct that the Blu someone gave you is a rechargeable?

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
In the long run, its more expensive to keep buying disposables and or blu cartiges. I suggest buying an ego starter kit, they can be found for under $20 on the internet, and if you want to upgrade you can always buy a new tank like the protank which fits on those. Thats what Im using and like it more than blu, more flavor options as well. edit: a 5 pack of blu is a total of 6ml of liquid, I get my liquid for my reffilable from mount baker vapor for $5 for 15ml

Mt. Baker Vapor would be an excellent place for you to poke around. Not only are their prices on liquids very good they also have a decent selection of hardware and competitive pricing there as well. This would be them. => http://www.mtbakervapor.com/

This is also an excellent time to be price shopping. You just missed the black Friday sales. But from this point onward a lot of vendors will be offering Christmas and New Year's sales. A few places to be aware of on ECF:

If you find a place you like, check that Coupons tab at the top of every ECF page to see if they are offering any discount codes.

On an ongoing basis members who become aware of sales or coupon code discounts post that information here. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals.html
Jump to the last page in that thread and work backwards until you see stale dated information.

Vendors who care to post Christmas and New Year's sales will begin doing so here in about a week. => Seasonal

Shopping for deals? It's what we do! ;)

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Welcome to the world of vaping.
I started using the Blu ecigs about 18 months ago. They cost about as much as the real tobacco cigs I was smoking but I was willing to do anything to get off tobacco even though I was raised on a tobacco farm. About six months ago I was introduced to the Ego ecigs and the Kanger T2 tanks. I spent about $50 at a local smoke shop for a couple of Ego batteries and two tanks and a bottle of juice.
Now you can get a similar starter Kit for around $40 or so. Then you will just need to buy juice and replacement coil/wick assemblies every couple of weeks. This was a big money saver for me over the cost of the Blu ecigs.
Good luck with this new hobby.

Actually its a disposable. He isn't a smoker, just thought they'd be cool to try, he didn't like the menthol so gave me the red :)

I'm trying to learn what I can do with different things. Threading confuses me and so does the difference between different things to add on for the liquid. I get cartridges and tanks. Any other way of describing anything and I'm still lost. The only ones locally are Bulldog (which I tried the bold today in town briefly-not horrible.) and Blu rechargeables which are not sample-able. We live in a small town, the closest city anyone would have heard of is Pittsburgh. the smoke shop sells these now and Njoy. Walmart sells a couple of disposable as well as gas stations but nothing else AFAIK. No vape shop or anything like it for 30ish miles. At least a half an hour away. And we have no vehicle ATM, so not happening either lol.

I saw a post about GreenSmoke having a kit for 1 or 2.95 "shipping" but it is 4.95 for me? I have no idea what their threading is but assume that their cartridges are refillable?

Thanks so much for the help so far, everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread