Hi new here (and new to ecigs), what ejuice is most like marlboro menthol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty99

Apr 15, 2015
Faribault MN
Hey guys thanks for the replies. I decided to forgo the starter "cigalikes" for a kanger evod starter kit. After a bit more research i think id have a better chance of quitting with something a little more powerful. I got it from mt baker vapor they included a free flavor which i picked hawk juice (as it was the most popular). I also bought 555 menthol, usa blend tobacco, and moo juice. All of the flavors except moo juice (went with 0 nicotine on this one just to try) i decided to try 18mg to start because i know i will be hitting these things more than i am smoking now, im sure ill drop down the nicotine in the future and the goal would be to use 0 nicotine eventually.

Thanks for the tips, ill update on how it goes!

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Hey Scotty, welcome to the forum!
I just wanted to recommend Mt Baker's Extreme Ice. It's a wicked menthol flavor, too strong for a lot of folks, but it gives the menthol sensation that I craved/wanted. FWIW I smoked (mostly menthol) cigarettes for almost 40 years and Extreme Ice just seems to hit it for me. 9+ months smoke-free now! It's easy on the wallet too.
Best of luck to you, and keep us posted.

XUSN

Apr 17, 2015
Carbondale, IL, USA
I just recently (10-days ago) got my Halo Triton Starter Kit and ordered the menthol sample pack for juice. Have been tobacco free for 10-days now. Also purchased G6 Cartomizers in menthol ice flavor... Don't like the taste of the cartomizer. I much prefer the tanks and straight juice.

Halo customer service has been outstanding and I really like some of the flavors in the sample pack. There are a couple I didn't like at all.

Good luck... taste is a very individual thing, but you'll find something you like well.

Scotty99

Apr 15, 2015
Faribault MN
Awesome, if i dont like the 555 menthol i ordered i will give those other flavors a shot.

One question, how do i clear out the tanks when i want to switch flavors? I got the kanger evod kit. I know there are wicks inside so do i just throw some water in there and swish it around and then hit the button a few times to dry the wicks before i put new ejuice inside?

Od1nOne

Nov 5, 2014
NYC
Don't make the same mistakes most smokers made (myself including) when starting to vape and buy a cheap / low mah starter kit" with the conservative reasoning. If you must insist on being a "girly man" - jk.. and buying a start kit - then go for gold and get the joyetech one starter kit 2200 mah (big battery) with the sub ohm coils. Why? Because You'll be vaping massive clouds all day, use a great tank (important) and the battery life isn't going to have you attached to a wall outlet all day. We are all with you and don't want you to jump back on the cigarette band wagon so take advice and vape away! I promise a month in you'll remember what breathing without having tar on your lungs is like! You will quit smoking - that's a fact !!!!!! Just don't get a cheesy starter kit - grab a subohm kit like the one I mentioned, drive over to a vape shop and taste flavors. P.s. People are fickle when it comes to flavors - when I quit smoking I wanted menthol everything just like you. Then I learned about mothers milk, suicide bunny line, cereal killa, and the like... Yum

PinkApe is a pseudonym. I am a seasoned tax professional, SEO hobbyist, inventor, philosopher, and independent and free thinker.

Scotty99

Apr 15, 2015
Faribault MN
So everytime i wanna try out a new flavor i need to change the coil out? Say i try out the first flavor and dont like it, cant i just fill up the tank with water swish it around dry it out then put some new flavor in?

And to guy above, from research ive done the kangar isnt really a starter kit. Sure it only uses 3.7v but it comes with 2.5ohm coils so im not worried about it being underpowered. For 26 bucks i got 2 batteries, two tanks, 5 replacement coils and a wall charger with adapter. If im not satisfied ill move onto something like a eleaf i stick and a aspire nautilus mini (these both seem well reviewed from what ive seen).

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Unflavored? Also i dont really have a desire to move from cigalikes, im not trying to pick up a new habit just kick an old one : ) I get there is a culture with vaping now, i just want to stop smoking lol.

Vaping IS a new habit replacing an old one -- although easier to quit than the old one due to the addiction factors of cigs. Vaping doesn't make cigs undesirable, just inferior, not smoking a while makes them more undesirable.

Anyway, I think you're on the right track, EVODs are good starter kit (although have their tricks). If switching between similar flavors, just empty and refill, otherwise you need a complete washout and drying, plus a new coil or at least its wick. Washing and full drying the coil unit can help but wrapping it in a little paper towel which soaks the juice out of the wicks helps a little too, and can't mess it up. Fortunately you have 2 of them, both redundant and spreads the load in heavy usage (when one builds up heat).

Dan Bean

ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2011
    UK
    ecigfind.com
    I love the EVODs too - really reliable piece of kit that won't let you down. IMO 2.2 coils are best in terms of flavour with your voltage will last you longer than 1.8s etc which tend to get a burnt taste quickly on high voltages. Remember you can use the coil units a couple of times at least by running under hot water and drying (that's what I do anyway - no probs so far:) Good luck with vaping!

Scotty99

Apr 15, 2015
    Faribault MN
    Vaping IS a new habit replacing an old one -- although easier to quit than the old one due to the addiction factors of cigs. Vaping doesn't make cigs undesirable, just inferior, not smoking a while makes them more undesirable.

Anyway, I think you're on the right track, EVODs are good starter kit (although have their tricks). If switching between similar flavors, just empty and refill, otherwise you need a complete washout and drying, plus a new coil or at least its wick. Washing and full drying the coil unit can help but wrapping it in a little paper towel which soaks the juice out of the wicks helps a little too, and can't mess it up. Fortunately you have 2 of them, both redundant and spreads the load in heavy usage (when one builds up heat).

Ya i worded that poorly. I just meant it wasnt going to consume me, i wont be the guy with 50 batteries and tanks lying around lol. I was premature on the cigalike comment tho, while the cigarette form factor is still more appealing to me i decided on the evod kit cause i think more vapor would just add to the whole experience than what a cigalike could do.

And to be clear, i can take the coil out run it under some water and towel dry it and thats cool? Im not adverse to new coils cause they seem cheap for this model, but i dont have any vapor shops in my town so ill be having to mail order them and i may need to clean it in the meantime etc.

philoshop

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2014
    geneva, ny, usa
    I don't like to rinse the coils with just water: They really have to air dry for a day or so before they're usable again without tasting like the water you've used to rinse them. And dry-burning or even heating a cotton wick is a no-no. You'll burn or scorch the wick before it dries.
    Something like pure grain alcohol (Everclear vodka and the like) is better because it dries faster but it still takes a few hours.
    Best advice is to have a bunch of new coils and swap them out when you want to try a new flavor. Put the juice-soaked coil in a baggie and label it with the flavor so that you can try it again later. Sometimes first impressions of a juice can be a little misleading :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    So everytime i wanna try out a new flavor i need to change the coil out? Say i try out the first flavor and dont like it, cant i just fill up the tank with water swish it around dry it out then put some new flavor in?

You can clean out your tank every time you want to change flavors, or ...

Have a different tank for each flavor you vape, or ...

To "sample" new flavors or change flavors on a whim, purchase a 510 drip atomizer.

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

During the ice age when vaping was just starting, this is all we had to use - before cartridges, cartomizers, and clearomizers. It will only hold 4 - 6 drops of e-liquid at a time, as there is no wick, only a heating coil in the bottom. So vape a few times until you start to notice the "dry or burnt hit", then add a few more drops of e-liquid to continue vaping. You can dry burn any liquid you don't want, and then add a different flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread