Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
hi @Elzack and welcome to the forum. You're in the right place. I'll start off by recommending the best (in my opinion) outfit for a newbie who is trying to get off cigs, an iStick 30 Watt (mod/battery)and the Aspire nautilus Mini(clearomizer/tank). Both are user friendly and really good quality with great track records. Other than that don't be shy, there are lots here who have been there and will answer any vape question you may have. Good luck in your journey.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hey sir2 n chibi.. Thanks for the tip.. Will try to look n read up more on istick 30w.. Its slightly hard to find the hardware where i am located at though :(..

Fasttech ships to a lot of places, they are in China. Heavens Gifts ships from Vietnam (at least they did for me).

I wouldn't recommend a subtank for a newbie. Subtanks are mostly for the more experienced vapers who do lung hits. The Aspire Nautilus is more for a mouth to lung, like a cig, and was my game changer for getting off the stinky's. I do have the Kanger Subtank Mini, but the first thing I did was to change out the drip tip (mouthpiece) for a more restricted one because I am a mouth to lung vaper. I just got a cheap aluminum one for a couple bucks and it works great using the 1.2 ohm coils and the most restrictive air flow at around 20 watts.

SteveElbows

Jul 6, 2015
Midlands, UK
I do have the Kanger Subtank Mini, but the first thing I did was to change out the drip tip (mouthpiece) for a more restricted one because I am a mouth to lung vaper.

You might want to give the new vertical OCC 1.5ohm coils for the subtanks a try - I just got some today and they are wonderful for me. I might be able to retire the nautilus mini now, before I break my teeth trying to get the bottom off it! And I might be able to recommend subtanks to a wider range of people.

Will also be interesting to see what the aspire triton is like when used with the 1.8ohm coils.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
You might want to give the new vertical OCC 1.5ohm coils for the subtanks a try - I just got some today and they are wonderful for me. I might be able to retire the nautilus mini now, before I break my teeth trying to get the bottom off it! And I might be able to recommend subtanks to a wider range of people.

Will also be interesting to see what the aspire triton is like when used with the 1.8ohm coils.

I have a new black Subtank Mini in the mail, should get it tomorrow. I feel like most people need to graduate to the more "airy" Subtank from the Nautilus.

Reactions: SteveElbows

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
I have a new black Subtank Mini in the mail, should get it tomorrow. I feel like most people need to graduate to the more "airy" Subtank from the Nautilus.

Actually, I started out as a Lung-Hitter so they do better suit my Tendencies and Preferences. I do occasionally MTL depending on Devices.
The OP would be suited and served well with either depending on his/her needs and proclivities.
Ahh the Choices & Options. It's a wonderful Hobby and Passion ain't it.

Reactions: madangus

madangus

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2015
Chicago-land
Hi @Elzack welcome :)

Second the advice for the nautilus, i have a few subtank minis too but they def. produce more vapor so working up to it might be a good idea. Then again I didn't so either way ... Nautilus / atlantis / subtank mini all are good in many ways. Hindsight ya know ;)

To play devils advocate, the istick 30 is great but it is a non removable battery, so after a year or so it will just be dead. It is nice and small though... If you have closer to 100 for some first gear might want to try something like...

Same features but the charger can be used for a long time, and if you get hooked on vaping you may want a nicer mod which would likely use replaceable 18650 batteries.
In other words a bit more cash upfront, but the extra $ can be made use of for a few years.

That will be about 80, then 30 - 45 for the tank. If you do go with the nautilus they have a metal sleeve you can use instead of just the glass tank that will be a bit more hardy.. Aspire Nautilus Replacement Glass - Hollow Sleeve

Don't want to throw a tonne of stuff at ya, i got the istick 30 and its a fine wee mod, i just ended up going to ones with replaceable batteries pretty soon after... If i could do it again i might have just skipped that step.

Still, all of this pales in comparison to the effects and cost of regular smokes, so if you ain't smoking - some trial and error is still a big win :)

1 other random piece of advice... If you try subohming be sure to use lower nic juice that normal, since a 3mg juice will feel more like a 9 or 12 on a 0.5 ohm coil.

This is a great friendly place, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread