The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hi new member here need help with the Eleaf iJust S

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by RanAlex, May 18, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RanAlex

RanAlex New Member

May 18, 2018
    Hi. I bought my vape two years ago and the coil is fairly new. However the batter was dead for a few months. It currently charging now and has been charing for several hours. It seems that the button isnt working? When I try to inhale, the sound comes but no vape gets out? What can I do?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hawise

Hawise Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    What sound are you hearing? Is it the ejuice sizzling, or something else?

There's a fair chance the battery is unable to hold a charge after sitting for a few months. The voltage will drop even without use, and if it dropped too low the battery will be damaged and unusable. You may need to replace it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    It's possible that the internal battery just doesn't want to hold a charge. It sounds like it from what you are describing, certainly.

With that said, you could certainly replace it if you liked its performance, or look for something newer, even a single battery removable mod, although that's going to be larger than what you have now, I'm guessing.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  4. CloudyFutures

CloudyFutures Full Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Sound like you need a new mod. Two years is a long time to wait. Yea, dont think theres much you can do about it now... btw Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BrotherBob

BrotherBob Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    "DO NOT:
    -- A battery that drops below its minimum voltage will lose its ability to recharge and will thus be rendered useless. "
    The Dos & Don'ts of Lipo Battery Care
    This rule of thumb has worked for me, any vape battery(s) will last longer if you store it fully charged and use it regularly. My two Eleaf Isticks, 30 and 40TCw internal batteries are well in their second year.
    Might like to read about starter vape kits:
    Haptic Habit
    A Word On Vaping Technique | Nicoticket
    frequently_asked_questions - electronic_cigarette
    Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer
    r/electronic_cigarette - Visual Learning - Beginner's guide to vaping
    Guide: The Beginners Guide to Vaping | onVaping
    I like this kit:
    Kanger Evod Starter Kit could be the best two for one offer out there. You get two complete mods which gives you an emergency backup.
    Might want to try the search function in upper right hand corner of this post. Could type in "Evod Starter Kit".

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Batteries lose their ability to hold or take a charge over time, whether they have been in use or not. Most batteries life expectancy is only 2 years, sometimes a little longer, sometimes a little shorter.

[​IMG]

Bottom line, you need a new vape setup. Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

• Like Like x 1