Hi, New member here :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just like to introduce myself to the forum as I am soon to join the vaping community. I'm 26 years old and have smoked for quite a while, but now I'm looking into alternative methods and information on said methods. I hope I don't pee anybody off along the way, bare with me as I am a complete noob.

Hi to all

DeCo

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome!

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping and/or looking to upgrade.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments.
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

And here are a few more on "vaping terminology".

1. A – Z E-Cig Glossary
2. e-Cigarette Jargon and Terms – eCig 101
3. Vaping Glossary - what does it all mean?
4. ECF Abbreviations 101

#4 is very handy when trying to decipher ECF members "slang".

Thank you all for the kind words. It's good to get such a positive reaction from a forum :] Many I have joined in the past have been rather rude [non-vaping forums]. Susan~S, thank's for the links, I'll be sure to read them before harassing people on here and boring you with the simplest of questions that's been asked a million times.

Thank you all again

DeCo

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
We all started off where you are now. No worries 66DeCo99 .

Welcome to the board and just remember there are many ways to vape, if it works for you it's the right way. Don't be hard on yourself if you don't stop smoking entirely at first, I took 3 months before I just vaped exclusively. If you can quit right away you're ahead of the cure and off to a great start. Finding juice you love is a bit difficult in the beginning, try sample sized bottles or if you have a vape shop nearby that's great too (most let you sample different flavors).

Good luck and vape well!

voofvoof206

Jul 21, 2014
United States
Hey man! Good luck and great choice on wanting to switch to vaping! I started off using basic ego's and they didn't seem to work for me but when I switched to a strong vape (one that you buy the parts for) it helped my cravings and allowed me to stop smoking. So basically what I'm saying is don't give up if your cravings don't go away, just try out other types of vapes. I would recommend looking into a mechanical 18650 mod and a rda.

Hi again,

Thank you all.

nicetucu, not going exclusively vape straight away mate. Cutting down with the assistance of vape then going all vape.

voofvoof206 Thanks man, Unfortunately already ordered the CE4 [LOL]. Been dispatched and on it's way. Not expecting miricles for the price I paid but hey somewhere to start. These 18650's you speak of... They are the cells out of laptop's right? That's one hefty cell for a vape device :]

Such a nice forum! Loving it!

DeCo

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Welcome to ECF DeCo, and all the other new members who've come forward in this thread.

You'll soon find this a very good community, filled with great people always willing to lend advice. I started off with a cheap nasty convenience store brand of ecig, but was lucky enough to have the will power and the help of a complete stranger one day (interesting and funny story but long, so I'll spare you) to quit using the horrid things.

I quickly worked my way up, finding and joining ECF along the way and couldn't be happier that I did. I asked a LOT of questions when I first joined, both relevant and stupid, and everyone was always willing to help with both. Technically there are no dumb questions, but some of mine were pretty borderline considering I'd have known the answer if I'd simply read the entire product description of items a few times...lol.

But the members of ECF's helpfulness go far beyond simply answering questions, making suggestions, giving consumer input on devices, etc... Just this morning, I believe...could have been yesterday, but regardless, I stumbled onto a thread where a member was thanking another member, a complete stranger, for something truly amazing. The op of the thread had mentioned elsewhere really wanting a Hana clone DNA30, but simply had no means of purchasing one. A total stranger contacted them offering to send them a Hana clone they weren't using. Upon receiving the package, the op opened it up to not only find a perfectly good Hana clone, but this "stranger" had included a fully charged battery AND a brand new Aspire Nautilus tank.

In short, the number and quality of good people on this site is nothing short of amazing, and I hope you'll continue to stick around through your journey of vaping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread